Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mom who carried her baby full term to donate organs says goodbye

Their choice, and I am sure the recipient families are beyond grateful for their sacrifice. My cousin's first pregnancy was also non compatible with life, and she chose to terminate. I can't fault her either. Each family has to do what they can in those most difficult circumstances.
    I will also never be pregnant again. I would hope that I could do what this mother did, but not sure I would have the strength or will to make it through what has to be an extremely emotional time.

I used to say I can't imagine any situation in which I would consider an abortion but I honestly don't know what decision I would make if this had happened to me, part of me would want to have every second possible with my baby but the other part thinks it would be better to let go sooner rather than later. This is why I believe in choice, it's so incredibly difficult and emotional and nobody should be forced to decide either way.

I just read this on one of our local new station sites. My heart breaks for them all over again. Unfortunately, organ donation was not a possibility after all they went through.

Quote Originally Posted by deeniereenie View Post
    I just read this on one of our local new station sites. My heart breaks for them all over again. Unfortunately, organ donation was not a possibility after all they went through.
    Oh, man.

It did say at the end that they found a recipient for her eyes. The gift of sight is still an amazing thing, even if it wasn't the lifesaving outcome that they'd hoped.

Quote Originally Posted by deeniereenie View Post
    Heartbreaking photos.
    "Wherever in the world much poverty is found, much religion is found also"

My Happily Ever After. <3 lilone's Avatar
    This family is amazing. I don't think I could do it. It's more heartbreaking to me that all they could donate were her eyes. I wish her little life could have yielded more. Not that I want to take anything away from what they chose as I think it's neautiful. But still part of me thinks after all that, "That's all? That poor baby.... that poor mommy..."
    ~Vicki~

Moving right along....