Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lyft Driver Refuses To Drive Drunk Women Home And His Explanation Went Viral

If he would have claimed that this was about protecting himself, I could understand. He didn't. He seems like a guy who would also slut-shame women "for their own good". If I don't tell them the look like whores and teases and that could get them in trouble, who will? I'm saving them from future rape by letting them know they are trashy sluts and that trashy sluts get raped! #NotAllHerosDriveLyft

Also, I think her friend is probably a bit of an asshole as well. Unless she had a really, really good reason, she never should have tossed her friend in the back of a stranger's car and hoped for the best.

This is one of those situations where everyone looks bad. The driver could have simply refused by saying that he can't take her because she is passed out and he has no way to get her into her place. The friend should have gone with her. The girl, obviously, is the one responsible for putting the driver and friend into a difficult situation.

I think it was mostly about protecting himself but I don't disagree with most of what he said.

Being intoxicated can put you at greater risk for all kinds of things including sexual assault. You shouldn't put your unable to walk drunk friend into the care of a stranger (besides cops and medical).
    I think he awkwardly tried to point out that being drunk to the point where you are not in control of yourself is a risk for sexual assault.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Premier Sponsor
    I think he rightly pointed out the friend was an idiot for putting her too-drunk-to-take-care-of-herself into the car of a complete stranger. The way he phrased everything makes him sound like a bit of a jerk though. I would not blame him at all if he had just refused to take the drunk rider because he was not prepared to carry her into her house on the other end of the ride though.
    "You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it into peace."

Countdown the the End of An Error

Quote Originally Posted by justthinking View Post
    The way he phrased everything makes him sound like a bit of a jerk though.
    Yeah, it's a shame us normal folk don't have a media and public relations expert available at a moment's notice in the age of social media. In olden days (7 yrs ago), this would barely make the local news.