Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friday?!?

I slept like crap last night. I don't think I even got 3 hours of sleep. I went to my chiropractor appointment before work, and then picked up donuts for everyone on my way in. I tentatively requested to take a half day of vacation this afternoon, but since I slept so poorly last night, I changed the tentative to a definite.

My boss called me into his office right away this morning (a feeling of instant dread, course). He had been gone to meetings out of town the last two days, so he wanted to update me on a few things that were discussed. He wants me to write up a policy on extending credit and doing credit reference checks (*groan*), but then he told me that all the sales managers from the other divisions paid me a huge compliment on how A/R is looking these days. They said they're all happy with how things are going since I've taken charge. One sales manager even said it's the best it has looked in his 35 years. So that was really nice to hear! (Now give me that damn raise/promotion you dangled in front of me! )

I inherited an absolute shitstorm with some of the accounts after the previous A/R person left. I've been working my butt off trying to get the accounts cleaned up. I found out this morning as I was downloading remittance information that one notoriously difficult retailer is repaying almost $20k of 2016 items. I was pretty chuffed with myself when I saw that!

Dh and I met for lunch, and then I came home and napped for a bit. Dh is outside mowing the lawn right now. We'll probably just rent a movie tonight and take it easy.

Great news Peachy!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Kim

There's a boy here in town says he'll love me forever
    Who would have thought forever could be severed by
    The sharp knife of a short life
    ~The Band Perry

Way to go CG and Peachy!!!

I love OBX! We're already planning a comeback. Will be cleaning and packing tomorrow and getting ready for the long trek home Sunday. Monday is back to reality and touching base with my doctor regarding surgery. Plan on soaking up every last minute until we have to leave.

When is your surgery, Eli?

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    When is your surgery, Eli?
    I'm not sure. My GI was setting up appointment with colon rectal surgeon. I will know more once that happens.