Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fake news - super bowl edition

Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    Do you mean why should we care that they purposely slanted this? If so, I'm astounded that you would ask that. If they lie about something this trivial, why should we trust them when reporting about important issues?
    It was a Tweet by someone in the sports department. The story is not a serious story. It was a statement made in jest.
    If you are not willing to fall flat on your face, then the only thing you will have is a pretty face.

Quote Originally Posted by nam View Post
    It was a Tweet by someone in the sports department. The story is not a serious story. It was a statement made in jest.
    Yes, I figured it was only posted because of the big deal Trump has made about the size of his various crowds. A poke at his obsession, basically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sprockey View Post
    They seem to be hellbent on pushing the narrative that Obama's crowds are/were bigger than Trump's. It's beyond stupid.
    Actually, you have the cart before the horse. Trump told an easily disprovable lie about how he supposedly had a record crowd at his inauguration. The correction of the record by the media was responsive to his lie. And, it would have gone away, then and there, had Trump acknowledged the truth. The Republican administration, in pushing blatant lies such as that, is demonstrating its lack of grounding in reality. Perhaps if the Republican administration's education had been geared towards truth-seeking it wouldn't be telling fabrications such as that.
    If you are not willing to fall flat on your face, then the only thing you will have is a pretty face.

Premier Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Nansel View Post
    Yes, I figured it was only posted because of the big deal Trump has made about the size of his various crowds. A poke at his obsession, basically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People know trump and company will react so they poke the bear for entertainment. It's humerous to watch the great defense mounted every time.
    "You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it into peace."

Countdown the the End of An Error

Wishes reality was like comic books tpatt100's Avatar
    I don't see where the joke is, to me it's like when somebody knows they went too far and tries to say "just kidding I forgot to add /s for sarcasm". Except they don't even say that just the people making excuses for the person who did something lame
    Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers

Wishes reality was like comic books tpatt100's Avatar
    I remember when Fox News used to make "mistakes" putting a "D" next to a Republicans name when they did something wrong.
    Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers