Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Leftovers The Book of Kevin

Wishes reality was like comic books tpatt100's Avatar

The Leftovers The Book of Kevin

This first episode was full of "wtf" in a good way. Can't wait for the next episode.
    Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers

It was most excellent!!!

What do you think happened to Lily? My first thought is she died in a car accident or something and that's why Nora's arm is in a cast.

And I was all at John's complete reversal of personality. I was sitting there thinking, there's no way he can do the handprint thing now, can he? And then they followed Kevin upstairs and it all made sense!

One thing I couldn't figure out was what was John feeding the bills into? At first I thought he was shredding them, but that didn't make sense. Did it?

I didn't understand the money shredding thing, I think he is doing it because they are helping people because they want to but not to make a profit? It sounded like he was shredding his share?

The opening scene sure wiped the slate clean from the season 1 stuff though. The show mentioned that in season 1 when Kevin called the FBI(?) and the guy said they had people who take care of those people
    Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers

I want to know what happened to Lily as well. Everyone is too calm for her to have died recently. Maybe the birth mother came back for her? Maybe she did die but 3 years ago right after the events of last season? What did everyone think of Sarah/old Nora at the end? That was definitely Nora.

Definitely an old Nora. Did you notice that she was collecting the carrier pigeons and then removing the message and throwing it out. That was the like the message that the pastor was receiving by carrier pigeon in 1844, I think.

I need to rewatch to make sure I understand what I saw.

I think since this is the last season they are going to pull a "Lost" and tell a present and future story at the same time.

Also that lady in the beginning of the episode all in white, when she laid down with the group were they all dead? Was wondering if it was a group suicide.

Ann Landers

I wondered that too. The rest looked like they were all covered over, like they do with dead people.

Not sure if anyone here is watching Outcast on Cinemax but the second season just started and it's really good. The first season starts a little slow but this second season the pacing is a lot better.

https://www.cinemax.com/outcast

Ann Landers

The Leftovers The Book of Kevin

Seems like an echo of last season's start with the prehistoric deal. But this time centered on a faith theme. How one partner losing a shared faith can rip families apart.

Speaking of, it's nice to hear from Matt Jamison's wife. I loved her in The West Wing, it's annoyed me that her character has been catatonic for two seasons.

"I'm not Jesus!"

"No, of course not....The beard looks good on you, though."