Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survivor - April 12th Spoilers

Survivor - April 12th Spoilers

Well that was a doozy. Thoughts?

http://www.justjared.com/2017/04/12/...n-of-his-life/

I think that apology is pretty damn great. What he did? Awful. But that's how you apologize.

I haven't watched it yet but the spoilers over this situation was everywhere. Awful.
    But good to see the positive that is coming from it (and the support Zeke is getting)

Premier Sponsor
    The show had a choice there. They didn't have to air that part. I really hope they consulted with Zeke before they aired it.
    "You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it into peace."

Countdown the the End of An Error

I'm watching now and bawling.
    That was a powerful and emotional episode.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by justthinking View Post
    The show had a choice there. They didn't have to air that part. I really hope they consulted with Zeke before they aired it.
    My exact thought. For the record I'm not watching - but hearing Probst say how brutal it was of that guy to out him like that and he shouldn't have done it but all I could think was that isn't a live show - they could have edited to the only people who knew were those sitting there. Survivor outed him publicly - that guy outed him in front of 6 other people.

How exactly were they supposed to edit that without leaving viewers wondering what the heck just happened without seeing what led up to the vote? Don't get me wrong, it was heartbreaking and Varner is scum for doing it. I just don't see how Survivor edits that.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

"Due to an unforeseen event that occurred in tribal council we have made the very difficult decision to not show you the council in it's entirety. This decision was made to protect the privacy of one of the competitors. We thank you for your understanding".

I hear what everyone is saying about not showing the footage, but in the end, I don't fault CBS or Survivor. It's a reality show for goodness sake. The contestants know that going in. And I read somewhere that when Probst asked Zeke before earlier seasons about his transgender coming up, he said "I'll deal with it when it comes up," but didn't want to lead with that and be known as "the Trans player" instead of just Zeke.

I think the way it was brought up was remarkably shitty. But the fact that it did come up, not surprising.

Premier Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I hear what everyone is saying about not showing the footage, but in the end, I don't fault CBS or Survivor. It's a reality show for goodness sake. The contestants know that going in. And I read somewhere that when Probst asked Zeke before earlier seasons about his transgender coming up, he said "I'll deal with it when it comes up," but didn't want to lead with that and be known as "the Trans player" instead of just Zeke.

I think the way it was brought up was remarkably shitty. But the fact that it did come up, not surprising.
    I'm glad Jeff and Zeke had that conversation. At least that shows Zeke went in to this with his eyes wide open to the possibility it might come up on the show. Still a crappy way for it to happen though.
    "You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it into peace."

Countdown the the End of An Error