Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S-Town podcast

I think the podcast accurately portrayed the racism still left in the south, the small towns where it's in your face and still acceptable. I also worried for him and should have known...but still a shock esp the method.

I really want to see pictures of his house there are pictures of the maze, which is quite amazing
    http://www.avclub.com/article/people...-and-it-253178

So do you think he really hid gold? I'm calling bullshit.

His clocks were amazing
    https://www.romper.com/p/photos-of-j...-his-job-48007

S-Town podcast

Quote Originally Posted by coachgrrl View Post
    I think the podcast accurately portrayed the racism still left in the south, the small towns where it's in your face and still acceptable. I also worried for him and should have known...but still a shock esp the method.

I really want to see pictures of his house there are pictures of the maze, which is quite amazing
    http://www.avclub.com/article/people...-and-it-253178

So do you think he really hid gold? I'm calling bullshit.

His clocks were amazing
    https://www.romper.com/p/photos-of-j...-his-job-48007
    Yeah, it's important to say there are also people in these towns who are horrified by that, but others feel open to say it out loud to particular people, especially now. People say racist crap to me even here in NY (usually shortly after we meet) because they assume that I'm a white woman from the south with a law enforcement background married to law enforcement/military. My pedigree/appearance apparently gives off the impression I would be of like mind, but, alas. And then they look at me, stricken, while I give my disappointingly contrasting views and they rush their children away from me and my egalitarianism (lest it infect their littles) PDQ.

I can't say about the gold. With a guy like John B you can't rule it out, but if there was some, it's gone now. I don't trust that town clerk any farther than I can throw her, so who knows. Tyler seems like a shady guy (obviously his upbringing plays into it) whose can make his ends justify his means, but I think the cousin isn't above it, either. I mean, it's the same old story that happens nearly any time people die. Hope Mary Grace is adequately cared for.

Also I am deeply disappointed with who ended up with the McLemore land/property, it's like he came out of central casting. What a putz.

But that bit, with John's virtuoso complaining overlaid with Tyler's grandmother's opera? So hysterical.

Yes it was. I also loved his vocabulary and may be adding decrepitude to my own soon.

And K3? Don't tell me that was a coincidence. In Texas there is a small town that is or was the center of the TX KKK. They met in a little family dinner called the Koffee Kup Kafe. Dh and I checked it out last year on our way to a conference. Sure enough there was a room to the side for meetings. The food was ok, the pie amazing. Of course they are now the Koffee Kup Family restaurant

Well, he said as much when Brian asked. Smug as hell.

I think he did have gold. I mean, family money plus to be sought after for those clocks to be repaired? Story was entirely bittersweet. Every happiness was tainted.

I don't think he did. I think he spent what he'd made and talked a good line. There is no way any of those characters could have hid it if they had found a stash. Someone would be bragging or buying a expensive car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not reading this thread because I don't want any spoliers (just in case)
    But I have tried 3 times to get through episode 1.
    I keep falling asleep. Lol