Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mother livid at TSA pat down of 13 yr old son at DFW airport

Quote Originally Posted by TapToTalk View Post
    I'd like to know more of the story. A normal pat down takes a minute or two. Screening a carry-on may add a 2-3 minutes. Also, as annoying as these processes are, I've never seen a TSA agent act unprofessionally. (Treated like dogs?)

I wonder if the TSA spent a lot of time trying to deal with the Mom's requests.
    Really? I have seen more than a few. I think there are people who get that type of job because they like being in a position of conrol over others ("Respect my authoritah" type of attitude).

Anyway, I agree with Fanny that the kid didn't even seem that bothered and the mom overreacted.

Quote Originally Posted by emmjay View Post
    Really? I have seen more than a few.
    I'm sure there are some with power complexes. I just haven't seen any. Most of the one's I have encountered were polite and explain what is about to happen.

The only time I was a little concerned was one agent named Yassar Arafat. But, I assume they made a thorough background check...

Quote Originally Posted by emmjay View Post
    Really? I have seen more than a few. I think there are people who get that type of job because they like being in a position of conrol over others ("Respect my authoritah" type of attitude).
    OMG, yes. We ran into one at JFK on the way down to Nicaragua. He didn't bother me, but we saw him harassing someone else. And he was rude to my students.

The students and I actually talked how these types of enforcement jobs routinely attract these types of assholes.

Just saw this comment on FB

I'm not going to get too political with this - but welcome to the everyday life of many black children just walking home after school.

Authorities put their hands on white kids and the world spins off its axis. But children of color? Meh...

The event was on video. The child did not seem upset, and the pat-down was done professionally. I think she wants a big payday.
    "Life is about dreams. Teaching is about making them come true."