Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Stupid drug addicts...

I don't know if we have a bigger drug problem or crazy pharmacists, but before I got the rx, it was not as easy as signing for it. The pharmacists would question me like I was on trial. "What are your symptoms?" "Have you taken anything else for it?" "How long have you had the symptoms?" "Are you going to see a doctor?"

I don't know. Maybe I look like a druggie. It was VERY uncomfortable.

Even now that I have the rx, I had one pharmacist at Costco ask me if I took them daily and then lecture me about the "risk of addiction" to daily Claritin D.

Yes, I know all about Claritin D and I worked with both my doctor and my allergist and all three of us arrived at the conclusion that I need to take a daily Claritin D, 365 days a year. Apparently, that's not okay with that particular pharmacist. Fortunately, I have not seen her again when I pick it up.

I do resent having to go to my doctor once a year whether I am sick or not, just so she can legally write me a rx. Total waste of money, my time and hers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Goat View Post
    Why do you have to show ID for wine at Target?
    To prove you are 21?

What if I don't go to the doctor once a year? Why should I have to take off work and pay a copayment to get a prescription for an over the counter medication? It makes no sense that each county has separate laws. I wonder if it has even cut down on meth making? I somehow doubt it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

An Rx for a syringe? Hell, come up here, you can get all the free syringes you want. We have mobile safe injection sites all over the place now, because they can't keep the junkies from dying in the streets (thanks to fentanyl).
    "Wherever in the world much poverty is found, much religion is found also"

I worked in a pharmacy in the early 90's and was surprised that insulin was OTC but the syringes required an Rx. It's been that way for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Goat View Post
    Why do you have to show ID for wine at Target?
    I thought it was a Wisconsin thing, but then we bought wine at a Target not in Wisconsin, and it's a Target thing. They require you to take your ID out of your wallet and hand it over, even if you are very, very, very obviously over 21.
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

I live in CT, where I don't have to do anything to get good drugs at Target, but Target isn't allowed to sell booze.