Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stupid drug addicts...

I'm with you, Mare! I've got chronic pain that I can't get anything stronger than ibuprofen for without jumping through ridiculous hoops because other people abuse them. The people who need them can't get them. Pisses me right off!

And don't get me started on Sudafed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaena View Post
    Oh yes, the only thing that works for any of us with congestion is real sudaphed, if it's a bad winter, I get all shifty at the pharmacy wondering if I hit the limit yet!
    Before I went the rx route, I always felt like a total criminal any time I had to go in and get the meds. I hate being questioned like some kind of druggie. I mean, it's not bad enough that I can't breathe right for most of the year…but then I have to jump through hoops to treat my serious allergies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    I bet they wouldn't sell them in Missouri. Maybe people have to get notes from their vets...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Do NOT get me started on the vet. OMG. It makes me crazy angry that I have to have a vet's prescription to get Heartgard and flea meds. I use Revolution for my dogs and I order that crap online because it costs twice as much (no, I am not kidding) to get it at the vet. Seriously, twice as much. If I do not time it exactly right, they won't okay it. Like if I am trying to buy a 6 month package and I am due to go to the vet in 5.5 months, they won't okay it. I get absolutely irrationally fucking pissed when I have to deal with them over that issue.

I'm puzzled why you think being a Republican would change this?

This isn't the fault of drug addicts. It's the fault of those who think we need a nanny state. I find these restrictions aggravating as well.

In a similar vein, I had to get some canned air the other day. There was a four pack for sale at Walmart and the first thing I thought of was "wow! huffers delight!" When I got to the checkout, a message popped up when the four pack was scanned asking if the purchaser was over 18. That should be good enough. I mean, jeezopete. There are legit reasons to buy some of this stuff in quantities more than they have regulated.

Is it really that hard to sign for your sudafed? Because I have terrible sinuses, and I just stand at the checkout in the pharmacy with my little card and sign the electronic thing and buy some sudafed, and you can actually buy quite a bit before you hit the limit. I've never come close.

I think a lot of states have had prescriptions for syringes for years and years. One of my roommates in college was diabetic and had a prescription for the syringes, and that was in the 70's.
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

I just bought Sudafed and had to stand at the counter and give my birthdate. It's annoying and an invasion of privacy.

I get Mare's point though. We all have to do things like remove our shoes at the airport and prove we aren't junkies at the pharmacy. It's stupid.

1) Addicts will always find something to get "high" on, so there is no point trying to hide stuff because they'll just find OTHER stuff. It's always been that way.

2) Has legislation ever worked in stopping drug addiction? I mean, EVER? NO.
    "Life is about dreams. Teaching is about making them come true."

Quote Originally Posted by maurinsky View Post
    This was passed by GW Bush

https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety.../ucm072423.htm

The Combat Methamphetamine Epidemic Act of 2005 has been incorporated into the Patriot Act signed by President Bush on March 9, 2006. The act bans over-the-counter sales of cold medicines that contain the ingredient pseudoephedrine, which is commonly used to make methamphetamine. The sale of cold medicine containing pseudoephedrine is limited to behind the counter. The amount of pseudoephedrine that an individual can purchase each month is limited and individuals are required to present photo identification to purchase products containing pseudoephedrine. In addition, stores are required to keep personal information about purchasers for at least two years.

Quote Originally Posted by maurinsky View Post
    It was an attempt at a joke. People sometimes say they are switching parties over single issues without researching. I know that Republicans have plenty of nanny state laws they have sponsored and support.

Quote Originally Posted by RealCranky View Post
    Is it really that hard to sign for your sudafed? Because I have terrible sinuses, and I just stand at the checkout in the pharmacy with my little card and sign the electronic thing and buy some sudafed, and you can actually buy quite a bit before you hit the limit. I've never come close.

I think a lot of states have had prescriptions for syringes for years and years. One of my roommates in college was diabetic and had a prescription for the syringes, and that was in the 70's.
    I literally cannot get Sudafed without a prescription in my county. If I go to a neighboring county, I can get "meth resistant " generic Sudafed like meds. But, I can't get brand name Sudafed. It's irritating.

I understand the drug problem is terrible, especially heroin around here. However, I don't think these measures are as effective as they hope. Also, if I can pick up an injectible drug that I am prescribed, there's no reason I shouldn't be able to get one syringe for it.