Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stupid drug addicts...

Stupid drug addicts...

OK...so I think I may turn into a Republican! ;)

I'm so fed up with the laws in Missouri. I cannot get Sudafed in my county because of meth heads. Now, I cannot get a syringe for prescribed Depo Provera without a prescription for the syringe. So, I have to call the doctor's office and request that they give me a syringe. If not, I have to take off work, my DD has to take off school all so she can get a doctor's office to administer a shot we know how to do ourselves and have been doing for a year.

I'm so ticked off!

Aggravation aside (and I do have sympathy for drug addicts), when does it become too far when we inconvenience people who are not breaking the law to protect people who do? That is the debate...

If you bring the monkey, I'm leaving puppylove's Avatar
    On my 33 acres in Virginia! (Thank you Sars for the reminder) ;)
    Go to tractor supply. They have syringes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Donna- People first. Dogs second. Things last.

http://countdowntoasimplerlife.blogspot.com

Tiny Heart - Big Nuggets TheChicken's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    OK...so I think I may turn into a Republican! ;)

I'm so fed up with the laws in Missouri. I cannot get Sudafed in my county because of meth heads. Now, I cannot get a syringe for prescribed Depo Provera without a prescription for the syringe. So, I have to call the doctor's office and request that they give me a syringe. If not, I have to take off work, my DD has to take off school all so she can get a doctor's office to administer a shot we know how to do ourselves and have been doing for a year.

I'm so ticked off!
    You can only get the "good" cold meds here behind the pharmacist's counter and they record your driver's license info. I guess if I buy too much Advil Cold and Sinus the Feds will be knocking on my door.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChicken View Post
    You can only get the "good" cold meds here behind the pharmacist's counter and they record your driver's license info. I guess if I buy too much Advil Cold and Sinus the Feds will be knocking on my door.
    Yep.

I actually got a prescription from my doctor for Claritin D and now I can buy it in 90 day supplies at Costco. I have to have the rx though and you literally have to wait 90 days to pick up the next order. No picking it up a week early just because you will be in there.

One Christmas driving from Ct to Ks we all came down with a sinus cold. I bought mega doses of sudafed in IL, MO and Ks. When the 6 of us (including my sister) needed more, I told my sister or dh to go. I was sure they were gonna arrest me for cooking meth.

Oh yes, the only thing that works for any of us with congestion is real sudaphed, if it's a bad winter, I get all shifty at the pharmacy wondering if I hit the limit yet!

Quote Originally Posted by puppylove View Post
    Go to tractor supply. They have syringes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I bet they wouldn't sell them in Missouri. Maybe people have to get notes from their vets...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    Aggravation aside (and I do have sympathy for drug addicts), when does it become too far when we inconvenience people who are not breaking the law to protect people who do? That is the debate...
    I am very much a civil libertarian when it comes to all of this. I really despise the whole drug war. If we spent a fraction of the billions we spend putting people in jail for drugs and trying to prevent people from getting drugs on drug rehab, outreach, and education, you could get your cold medicine and syringes, and we could reduce the struggles addicts have with drugs, likely saving thousands of lives a year.
    If you are not willing to fall flat on your face, then the only thing you will have is a pretty face.

I have drug seekers call my emergency service constantly after hours. I have to pay for each after hours phibecall from my answering service. They're faking being my patients.
    I told my answering service whenever anyone calls and they say they're a patient of record to pretend to look them up. The drug seekers hang up lol