Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still Dark Sunday!

I feel like I already posted my Sunday, but must have just been thinking. Laundry and some cleaning. DH is in the FD today so I'm thinking about what I want for dinner.

I'm just here for the lulz. Sarsparilla's Avatar
    My choir kids did an amazing job today! No one rolled on the floor in front of the stage, no one refused to sing. My cellist friend joined us. She and my co-director, who is our pianist, played a beautiful cello/piano intro. The kids sat quietly listening, then stood on my signal and sang and danced their little hearts out. We sang "Turn Around" by Charity Kahn. Hoping someone will post their video on FB soon.
    Welcome to Fluffytown. No smoking, no farting, no pillow fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarsparilla View Post
    My choir kids did an amazing job today! No one rolled on the floor in front of the stage, no one refused to sing. My cellist friend joined us. She and my co-director, who is our pianist, played a beautiful cello/piano intro. The kids sat quietly listening, then stood on my signal and sang and danced their little hearts out. We sang "Turn Around" by Charity Kahn. Hoping someone will post their video on FB soon.

I know how much work that is!

Dh and I took Holly to the dog park today. Normally it's a chill place, with trails and the river and the people are cool. Today we ran into an idiot.

Young couple had a minuscule American Eskimo dog on leash, which is completely against the posted rules of the park. Holly ran 20' ahead of us to meet the dog. They freaked out. Which got Holly excited, and so I went over to grab her collar and get her out of there. The guy was holding the leash and spun, dragging the dog around him, so Holly chased after it. He then spun his dog even harder, flinging it around in the air by its collar like a helicopter! OMG. Which, of course, got Holly even more excited. I said "That's making your dog look like a toy" rather sharply, and got hold of Holly's collar. They guy muttered "your dog attacked mine!" as I walked away, so I turned and said "No. Dogs meeting is why you're not supposed to have a dog on leash in the off-leash park!" He said "whatever" and walked off. Some people should not be allowed to own dogs.

Everyone else there was lovely and friendly and Holly had a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by stellarfeller View Post
    Yeah, whenever Mitch Pileggi was on Atlantis, I always half wondered why Skinner was flying a spaceship
    It took me ages to get used to Skinner not flying a spaceship when I started watching X-Files

Today I had to make the sushi platter that sold last year in the church talent auction. They paid $80 for the thing so I figured I'd better make it look good! (It was a friend who bought it so that was nice).

I was on my feet from noon til 4:30. There were 3 platters and over 80 pieces when I was done. I hope it tasted as good as it looked.
    I can't think of anything witty to say for my signature line.