Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Th-Th-Thursday

Th-Th-Thursday

I'm so cold I'm stuttering.

My pug will not come out from under the electric blanket. She does not care for cold.

I am exhausted today, even though I slept well. I hope I'm not coming down with something.

It's the opposite here - finally warming up.

Cecily is writing a story, and "no one is allowed to read it until it is published!" I'll be sure to let you all know when her bestseller hits the shelves. ;)

Clara is doing a math competition this afternoon (Math Kangaroo). I think she'll do fine, and I'm hoping she'll enjoy the experience.

Then tonight...we have re-rescheduled our date night and the kids' sleepover with ILs! So clearly, someone is going to get sick.

Sitting on the couch eating bon bons! Eli's Avatar
    I'm at work. Arrived a half hour early to no parking and the crappiest snow removal job ever. WTF?! We were off all day yesterday and had a three hour delay today. After beaching my car and blocking someone in, a service provider came at me over a meeting that she didn't know about. Sorry, you have email and were on the CSE invitation. Not my fault you didn't read your email. Done with everyone and everything already.

My dog ate a grape, and I had to bring her into the vet so they could make her throw up.

She is running around now like nothing happened, so she is fine. As for me, if I never spend 45 minutes in a tiny room watching my dog puke, it will be too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by emmjay View Post
    My dog ate a grape, and I had to bring her into the vet so they could make her throw up.

She is running around now like nothing happened, so she is fine. As for me, if I never spend 45 minutes in a tiny room watching my dog puke, it will be too soon.
    When we thought Velma had ingested poison, we gave her a bit of peroxide. It induces vomiting. It worked like a charm. I mean, obviously, if you have time to get them in, that's probably best, but in the case of poisons and super serious things, having the peroxide on hand is not a bad idea.

Here's a guideline of when it's okay to use it...

http://www.pethealthnetwork.com/dog-...iting-your-dog

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I'm at work. Arrived a half hour early to no parking and the crappiest snow removal job ever. WTF?! We were off all day yesterday and had a three hour delay today. After beaching my car and blocking someone in, a service provider came at me over a meeting that she didn't know about. Sorry, you have email and were on the CSE invitation. Not my fault you didn't read your email. Done with everyone and everything already.
    Ah I see you are joining me in my fake Friday the 13th! Ds and I got back from a lovely whirlwind trip to Ottawa at the beginning of the week. Dh is camping. In a tent . He's coming home tomorrow - but ds and I are going into "the city" for Comicon as soon as I get off work . Dh will be joining us in our hotel on Saturday night though.

I'm working these two days so I feel all busy and shit.

Today sure felt like a Friday the 13th!

Dd totally broke my heart tonight. After telling her that I'd like to come visit her and spend the night sometime, she basically told me she's too busy. She told me that any weekend that her boyfriend's band plays would be off limits because she has to support him, you know! And she has plans most other weekends so she says, so I'm sitting on the other end of the phone feeling like a lump of shit. We see her maybe three times a year, and for her to tell me that she can't take time away from someone she sees every single day sure put me in my place. I guess I know how I rate. She and her boyfriend will be in town on Saturday to use a gift certificate that he got for Christmas, and they are gracing us with their presence for lunch. I'm so mad and hurt right now that I don't even want to go (counterproductive, I know, but it's how I'm feeling right now).