Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Donald Trump just got a nice victory, thanks to, of all people, Rachel Maddow

  1. #21
    Premier Sponsor beccaphel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,561
    Rep Power
    61027
    Quote Originally Posted by TapToTalk View Post
    It's not a justification. It's a realization that this is not the most important thing to focus on. Rachel Maddow wasted tons of air time building up a nothing burger. Tpatt is right, this is the birth certificate issue for Dems.
    You lost me at the end. I don't think the portion of his more than a decade old tax return is really much of anything, and doubt he'll ever release more. It's NOT the same as the birth certificate, though. No one is saying he can't be a legitimate president without releasing tax returns. No one is saying the tax return that was released was a fake, unless we see the long form. No one is asking Trump for anything that hasn't been asked from every president for the past several decades. NOT the same.

  2. #22
    Full Sponsor TapToTalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    28,728
    Rep Power
    489801
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaphel View Post
    No one is saying he can't be a legitimate president without releasing tax returns.
    Come to my neck of the woods for a while. Yes, it is not exactly the same. The point is that it's an ongoing distraction and, as the OP said. Rachel Maddow gave him a gift.

  3. #23
    Premier Sponsor beccaphel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,561
    Rep Power
    61027
    Quote Originally Posted by TapToTalk View Post
    Come to my neck of the woods for a while. Yes, it is not exactly the same. The point is that it's an ongoing distraction and, as the OP said. Rachel Maddow gave him a gift.
    Oh, there are some who definitely don't think he's a legitimate president, but that doesn't have anything to do with his tax returns! It IS a distraction, though!

  4. #24
    Full Sponsor TapToTalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    28,728
    Rep Power
    489801
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaphel View Post
    but that doesn't have anything to do with his tax returns!
    As I hear it from some, he's illegitimate because he didn't follow the decades old tradition. And, of course, the reason he didn't was: (a) he paid no taxes, (b) it shows collusion with Russia and/or (c) he's a lousy businessman. Of course, doing business with any Russian (if he did) proves that Putin and he conspired which is an impeachable offense, so the tax returns are the key to impeaching Trump! Or if he avoided paying taxes, he probably did it illegally which is also an impeachable offense! Worse case, if it's shown that he's a lousy businessman, then everyone who voted for him will turn against him. So, in 2018 we'll have a Dem Senate and House Of Representatives!

    Or so people I know describe it...

  5. #25
    Where's the horse? Nikki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    N. California
    Posts
    24,919
    Rep Power
    175197
    Quote Originally Posted by TapToTalk View Post
    Come to my neck of the woods for a while. Yes, it is not exactly the same. The point is that it's an ongoing distraction and, as the OP said. Rachel Maddow gave him a gift.
    I live in your neck of the woods and it's not a major ongoing distraction - it's just the start of many valid - and ever increasing - issues and concerns people have with Donald.

    And arguing it's nothing more than the Dem's "birth certificate" issue is just doing what was done all throughout the election - dismissing Donald and his actions and trying to make it about the Democrats.
    Mom to Taylor (22), Katie (19), Ben (16) & Grace (13)


  6. #26
    Where's the horse? Nikki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    N. California
    Posts
    24,919
    Rep Power
    175197
    Quote Originally Posted by TapToTalk View Post
    As I hear it from some, he's illegitimate because he didn't follow the decades old tradition. And, of course, the reason he didn't was: (a) he paid no taxes, (b) it shows collusion with Russia and/or (c) he's a lousy businessman. Of course, doing business with any Russian (if he did) proves that Putin and he conspired which is an impeachable offense, so the tax returns are the key to impeaching Trump! Or if he avoided paying taxes, he probably did it illegally which is also an impeachable offense! Worse case, if it's shown that he's a lousy businessman, then everyone who voted for him will turn against him. So, in 2018 we'll have a Dem Senate and House Of Representatives!

    Or so people I know describe it...
    I've not heard he's "illegitimate" because he failed to follow decades old tradition that BOTH parties honored and recognized benefited the people - I've heard opinions that it shows he's likely hiding something and/or doesn't want the transparency and accountability that comes with the disclosure.

    I've heard calls for the release of information. And as more and more information comes out and more and more lies are discovered - I've heard calls for an independent investigation.

    Look - if there is no issue with his taxes - the quickest way to deal with it is to simply release the complete documentation and be done with it and move onto the disaster that is Trumpcare and the proposed budget that seeks to cut $ for meals on wheels and school lunches.

    But the independent investigation into the potential Russian connection still needs to take place regardless.
    Mom to Taylor (22), Katie (19), Ben (16) & Grace (13)


  7. #27
    Full Sponsor TapToTalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    28,728
    Rep Power
    489801
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    I've not heard he's "illegitimate" because he failed to follow decades old tradition that BOTH parties honored and recognized benefited the people - I've heard opinions that it shows he's likely hiding something and/or doesn't want the transparency and accountability that comes with the disclosure.
    I won't subject you to some of my local FB friends ;).

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    I live in your neck of the woods and it's not a major ongoing distraction


    You're at a safe distance from the SF fallout.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •