Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (be)Ware Wednesday

(be)Ware Wednesday

The Ides of March have come...but not gone!

Yes, and I have yet to feel the urge to stab anybody. So far, so good.
    "Life is about dreams. Teaching is about making them come true."

Packing to head to San Antonio for a little spring break with dh. We're staying on the Riverwalk, and I hear the bluebonnets are blooming in hill country.

How are all of you in snowy places?

So that new HVAC we got last week? The one that was making a horrible racket the first night it ran, so the guys were back here all the next morning to fix that? Yeah, last night it stopped heating and cooling. Guy came out and said there's a freon leak. So he gave us more freon to get it working for now, but they're coming back today to try to figure out where the leak is.

I know they didn't intentionally give us a faulty unit. And it's all under warranty so the extra problems have been no charge to us. But I am so ready to not think about this any more.

At the moment MIL has my kids, so I should be productive! The problem is that there are SO many things on my list that I just want to sit and watch TV or something.

Quote Originally Posted by coachgrrl View Post
    Packing to head to San Antonio for a little spring break with dh. We're staying on the Riverwalk, and I hear the bluebonnets are blooming in hill country.
    We want bluebonnet pics!

My drive into work was a bit bumpy this morning, what with the snow and ice not being entirely plowed yet, but the sun is out! Next week is spring, so naturally, we are going to be getting more snow.

Quote Originally Posted by mmeblue View Post
    How are all of you in snowy places?
    Well, the Lake Effect snow engine shut down last night, so they were able to plow off the remainder of the snow before this morning's rush hour. I made good time to work and my parking place was plowed. Even the sidewalk to the front door was plowed, so that was sweet. We have winter temperatures today, tonight, and tomorrow AM. It starts warming from there and may even rain Thursday evening. Typical March!

Those computer controlled HVAC's are something else! When I first started teaching, the primary building was brand new, and the brand new HVAC was built right into it, so there was no excuse of compatibility or age or anything. Still, that system NEVER worked right, and no amount of tinkering with it could ever work out the bugs. Here, where I'm at now, same thing. In fact, one of the HVAC techs was here about 4 hours yesterday.

One of the old timers here said that things worked much better when everything was basic and simple. The furnace or AC sent the air through the ducts and into the rooms. If you wanted it warmer or cooler, you simply adjusted the vents accordingly, and that was that.

As Chief Engineer Lieutenant Commander Montgomery Scott used to tell Captain Kirk, "The more complicated the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

I had another chiropractor appointment this morning. My right SI joint is acting up again, making it painful to sit comfortably. So after my appointment, I came back home and took some Tylenol PM. I napped for a couple of hours until dh came home and started rooting around in the kitchen for lunch and woke me up. Now I'm just relaxing and watching movies and leaning against an ice pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    Now I'm just relaxing and watching movies and leaning against an ice pack.
    Ow!

Ibuprofen doesn't do a better job for you?

Between my back and shoulder issues, I've been taking an obscene amount of ibuprofen the last few months. Obscene.