Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you eat a Cafe Bar?

Would you eat a Cafe Bar?

Two New Orleans brands, two old friends turn hot trend into cold treat with caffeinated kick
    March 13, 2017
    Ian Mcnulty
    New Orleans Advocate

A Cafe Bar starts with frozen coffee - not a coffee-flavored coating but actual, full-tilt cold brew coffee. Underneath there's ice cream, with a stick for a handle.

It’s a dessert with a caffeinated kick. It also comes with a back story of collaboration between two homegrown New Orleans brands and an unlikely business development path that's been more social than strategic.

The Café Bar is a packaged ice cream bar just now turning up in grocery store freezers. It’s from a newly formed company, American Cold Brew, though the ingredients are familiar.

The ice cream is from New Orleans Ice Cream Co., a company that has made ice cream flavors from classic New Orleans desserts (lemon doberge cake), cocktails (brandy milk punch) and even a former mayor’s faux pas(“Chocolate City”).

The frozen coffee shell is from CoolBrew, another New Orleans success story that made cold brew coffee a household term in its hometown long before the trend grew nationally.

Adrian Simpson started New Orleans Ice Cream in 2006. Jeff McCrory is a partner in CoolBrew, the company his father founded in 1989.

McCrory is from Metairie, Simpson is from England and the two have been friends since their college days at LSU. Simpson later worked in marketing for CoolBrew as the company was making the leap from a local brand to a national brand.

Full story with pics at link above

If you are not willing to fall flat on your face, then the only thing you will have is a pretty face.

yes!

I wish I had known about this last week when I was in NOLA

wonder if they carry it in our local whole foods in Texas?

Of course.

Sound good to me. Not for a late night snack...

Yummy!
    "Life is about dreams. Teaching is about making them come true."

Oh, and for those who collect social justice points this product is made with sustainable fair trade ingredients.
    If you are not willing to fall flat on your face, then the only thing you will have is a pretty face.

Heck yeah I would eat one!

I don't like sweet or cold (iced) coffees, so I wouldn't eat one.

Quote Originally Posted by coachgrrl View Post
    yes!

I wish I had known about this last week when I was in NOLA

wonder if they carry it in our local whole foods in Texas?
    Well, they have a "request store" form on their website. They say that you could bring it to your local grocer and tell them about the product and give them the form to fill out.

So, at this point, any way, they need the public to encourage store owners to carry the product. I plan on doing this. I have engaged in what I call grocery store activism where when I want a new product I politiely ask the manager to carry the product. I succeed way more often than I fail. Store managers are very open to stocking something a customer wants. And I think this would fit the Whole Foods mold.

No, Because I don't like coffee in any form whatsoever.