Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mandela Effect?

Mandela Effect?

http://mandelaeffect.com/major-memories/

So I found this website today, claiming a theory we are all living in some sort of bisecting timeline, based on shared memories that don't fit the current timeline.

Starting with people remembering the death of Nelson Mandela in prison years ago.

How about the Challenger explosion- 1984 or 1986?

Berenstein or Berenstain bears?

Chartreuse- maroonish or greenish?

Jif or Jiffy Peanut Butter?

Location of New Zealand?

Did you watch Billy Graham's funeral on TV many years ago?

All these and many more are listed with discussion on the website, people take this VERY seriously!

Do you have any of your own?

I have noticed that, in a period of just over 4 months beginning in November, a series of extremely low probability events have occurred in sequence. The probability of any one of those events occurring was VERY low, but the probability of them occurring basically all at once was astronomically low, yet they occurred.

According to Quantum Theory, ALL outcomes are possible until an event actually occurs. In fact, a brilliant Austrian scientist named Schroedinger developed the Schroedinger Wave Equation that can give the exact mathematical probability of those occurrences. The thing is, much like a Bell Curve, the probability drops off dramatically the farther and farther you get away from the most probable occurrence. The recent string of events should not have happened, but yet they did.

In Quantum Theory, every variance branches off into a separate universe, so the possibility of our universe intersecting with a parallel universe as an explanation of the seemingly impossible can't be dismissed as absurd.
    "Life is about dreams. Teaching is about making them come true."

Memories are very unreliable. Some of this stuff, like confusion over how to spell a celebrity's name could be an artifact of dyslexia or milder visual processing deficits.
    If you are not willing to fall flat on your face, then the only thing you will have is a pretty face.

Quote Originally Posted by nam View Post
    Memories are very unreliable. Some of this stuff, like confusion over how to spell a celebrity's name could be an artifact of dyslexia or milder visual processing deficits.
    When my brother was in high school, he had borrowed his girlfriend's father's car for that Friday evening and was going to return it the next day. In trying to avoid an accident, he went off the road and flipped the car, thus totaling it. (Seriously, he did! )

To this day, he remembers his girlfriend being in the car with him, but she wasn't. She was at home with her family and wasn't going to see him until he returned the car. He did have a mild concussion, so that could very well be the reason for that anomaly.
    "Life is about dreams. Teaching is about making them come true."

I knew the Challenger was in 86 but thought it was February or later. I'd have bet money on it, because that was the month I moved out of my parents' house and I was sure it was after.

I would also swear I've seen Henry VIII with a turkey leg.
    "Wherever in the world much poverty is found, much religion is found also"

Quote Originally Posted by Mamapalooza View Post
    I knew the Challenger was in 86 but thought it was February or later. I'd have bet money on it, because that was the month I moved out of my parents' house and I was sure it was after.
    I have one like this. It surrounds Paul Welstone's death. Lee and I lived on 6038 Laurel Street in New Orleans when he actually died. But I always remember his death happening when we lived on 6037 Laurel Street when he died. We moved to 6038 In January 2002. The way we had things situated at 6037, because the bedroom was large, we had both our computers next to each other facing the front wall of the bedroom in 6037. In other words when we were on our computers at 6037 we were facing 6038. I remember typing on my computer next to Lee while he was on his computer when Welstone's death broke.

There's a big problem with that. We only had one computer in the bed room at 6038 because both desks couldn't fit in the bedroom at 6038. And the computer was near the front wall facing 6037, which means, spatially, it facing the opposite direction of the computers on 6037. (6037 and 6038 are parallel to one another across the streets). So the front wall of 6038 would be facing the front wall of 6037, so I couldn't be at the computer near the front wall of 6037 because I would be sitting the opposite direction. And Lee could not have been sitting next to me at his computer while the news broke of Wellstone's death because his computer was in the fucking living room at 6038. But I remember being in the bedroom at 6037 sitting next to Lee while he was on his computer, but that is impossible because Welstone died during the election season in 2002, and we moved to 6038 in Janu-fucking-ary. So we had to be living at 6038 when Welstone died but I remember being at 6037 when he died.

It drives me crazy!
    If you are not willing to fall flat on your face, then the only thing you will have is a pretty face.

For some reason, I always associated the Challenger explosion with the birth of Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley's daughter, but it turns out she was born a month before the explosion.

What do you mean Henry VIII didn't have a portrait with a turkey leg?! I can picture it in my head right now!

I happen to know the exact date of the Challenger explosion because it's a relative's birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by faerymajick View Post
    I happen to know the exact date of the Challenger explosion because it's a relative's birthday.
    It's my sister's birthday, so I remember the date, but not the year.

I remember the day completely, it was 1986, my senior year of high school, and I was home sick watching Price is Right. They interrupted the show, and I watched it for a while, before I decided I needed to wake my mother who was sleeping because she worked 3rd shift at the time.