Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: ObamaCare repeal analysis: Millions would drop coverage, costs would fall under bill

So the insurance companies can fine under this new plan?
    Just what they need ..more power and $$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by coachgrrl View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't know that they are calling it a fine, but yes. They can charge 30% more (I believe... but I'm not looking at it) to anyone seeking insurance after a lapse. Lovely, isn't it? :gg

Quote Originally Posted by beccaphel View Post
    I don't know that they are calling it a fine, but yes. They can charge 30% more (I believe... but I'm not looking at it) to anyone seeking insurance after a lapse. Lovely, isn't it? :gg
    Adding insult to injury for those who can't afford premiums after a job loss.

No groundhogs; just prairie dogs RobinAnn's Avatar
    Not a fine, a surcharge... as if that makes it better.
    Robin

And not a minimal surcharge. 30%!! I admit that it is probably more expensive for a short period of time to cover someone who has been without insurance for more than a few months. There's likely some amount of "deferred maintenance". But that would only be after a sustained lapse in coverage, and would be fairly short-term. How long are they allowed to charge that 30%?

Quote Originally Posted by faerymajick View Post
    Exactly. Those who can least afford it will pay more. What's not to love about that? :gg

Quote Originally Posted by faerymajick View Post
    But, Obamacare fixed that! /sarcasm

See the bolded? That is SOMETHING.
    (says the girl who had 155k worth of chemo)
    Sure. And frankly, that's what "insurance" really was meant to be - protection from catastrophic loses. But Obamacare was supposed to be the Affordable CARE Act - yet an rapidly increasing number of plans don't cover any actual care except for an annual checkup.

I've made the analogy for years that it would be like wanting your car insurance to cover oil changes and tire rotations and all other maintenance - it could be done but the premiums would go through the roof.

Ultimately, Americans need to come to some sort of agreement on exactly what sort of coverage should be the responsibility of taxpayers - coverage to prevent bankruptcy due to a significant health incident or total care that covers every sneeze.
    'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' - Ronald Reagan

'You can't get rich in politics unless you're a crook.' - Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    And not a minimal surcharge. 30%!! I admit that it is probably more expensive for a short period of time to cover someone who has been without insurance for more than a few months. There's likely some amount of "deferred maintenance". But that would only be after a sustained lapse in coverage, and would be fairly short-term. How long are they allowed to charge that 30%?
    A year.

Exactly

And let's not forget the vicious fighting from both sides that ended up pandering to the insurance and drug companies which gutted some of the good in the ACA.

When are we going to stop paying the insurance companies to dole out our healthcare?
    The other option being federal bureaucrats doling out our healthcare?
    'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' - Ronald Reagan

'You can't get rich in politics unless you're a crook.' - Harry S. Truman