Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Snow Storm Tuesday!

A snow day cordial.

Happy Pi Day!

No plans for the day. Should clean my room but not feeling it.

If you bring the monkey, I'm leaving puppylove's Avatar
    On my 33 acres in Virginia! (Thank you Sars for the reminder) ;)
    And now, Matt and Katie are going on their first date night in 10 months and I have this muffin all to myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Donna- People first. Dogs second. Things last.

http://countdowntoasimplerlife.blogspot.com

It's BEN and Jerry, not GWEN and Jerry! Catamount's Avatar
    She is adorable! 10 months is such a fun age.

We just took a walk around the neighborhood to experience the height of the blizzard. Now it's really coming down! It was absolutely gorgeous (and we'll be shoveling half the day tomorrow to move it all, but it's blowing so hard there's no point starting now or we'll be moving the same snow again tomorrow.) I feel so lucky that none of us had to go anywhere today. Driving conditions are just awful.
    "Correlation doesn't imply causation, but it does waggle its eyebrows suggestively and gesture furtively while mouthing 'look over there.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Catamount View Post
    She is adorable! 10 months is such a fun age.

We just took a walk around the neighborhood to experience the height of the blizzard. Now it's really coming down! It was absolutely gorgeous (and we'll be shoveling half the day tomorrow to move it all, but it's blowing so hard there's no point starting now or we'll be moving the same snow again tomorrow.) I feel so lucky that none of us had to go anywhere today. Driving conditions are just awful.
    While I'm not a huge fan of snow, I do love the quiet of a big snow storm...before you have to shovel, drive and live in the white now grey slushy aftermath

My school closed for tomorrow. FB is interesting between people complaining about losing April Break and those who claim now they don't mind it.

We just got the call that our schools (both where we live and where I work) just closed for tomorrow too.
    "Correlation doesn't imply causation, but it does waggle its eyebrows suggestively and gesture furtively while mouthing 'look over there.'"

I wish we'd get a blizzard (on the day of my choosing, though ). We haven't had one since 2009, I think. My ideal would be to get all my necessities on Wednesday night, go to work Thursday to take care of a few essential items, then get sent home early afternoon. It snows all Thursday and well into Friday, preventing me from going to work. Then we're snowed in all weekend and don't have to shovel out until Sunday. Not that I've thought about this much or anything.

We've been stupidly busy or sick on weekends for a while, and there is no end in sight. This is like an extra weekend of mandatory sloth. Who wouldn't be a fan?

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

My city never shuts down for snow. Ever. We hardly have any left right now, and what's on the ground is largely half melted and frozen into skating rinks.

Had a fun day today - my first day back at work at the humane society. The people there are so awesome - I got a few "nice to see you back!", and it was like I'd hardly left. Worked with a very scared kitty, a bunch of rowdy dogs, and one old sweetheart.