Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who uses audible.com?

I would love to be wrong. Yogagirl's Avatar
    I mostly use the library for audio books. I have had an audible subscription in the past and I ended up with a stockpile of books that I still haven't listened to. I'm not a big audio book fan. I get easily annoyed at some voices apparently. If you're not British or James Earl Jones you have no business narrating a book.

It's BEN and Jerry, not GWEN and Jerry! Catamount's Avatar
    I'm apparently in the minority, but I have an audible subscription and I love it. I have a "light" membership that costs me $10 per year. I ask people to buy me credits for holidays rather than getting more stuff in the house, and there is a lot of stuff that goes deeply on sale ($3-$5 per book) periodically, and a lot of British humor radio programs. You can have up to five devices connected to the same account, so my DH and I can both hear my collection. If you don't like a book, you can return it for a full refund. They have really good customer service.
    "Correlation doesn't imply causation, but it does waggle its eyebrows suggestively and gesture furtively while mouthing 'look over there.'"

Who uses audible.com?

I think I might just start slow with that one, Cat. Good to know there are discounts at some point!

I'm also checking out my library's connection, too. I doubt I'll have books stacking up, I can't seem to do any sort of housework without something to occupy my mind, and hopefully the weather will be warming soon so I'll go back to walking, and usually it's an hour and a half a day right there. I have a lot of postbaby lounging to work off.