Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saturday!

Saturday!

Good morning! I've run out of weather words!
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

But it's still really, really cold here, like January. Ugh. And I see we're expecting a Nor'easter next week, when we're going to Outdoor Camp. Oh, boy.

Meanwhile, son-in-law is still feeling poorly. And there's a birthday party this afternoon, so it's going to be an interesting day. We're going to take dd and the boy to his baby swimming class this morning.

i dunno about the rest of the day but we're scheduled to leave around 4 this afternoon. I'm tense about the whole day.
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

Super cold here too. We're leaving for Ottawa tomorrow (where it's even colder ) and I have a lot to do - so I'm sitting around doing nothing natch ;)

It's cold here but not bitterly so, and not windy. Knut and I did half our morning chores, came in for food, and then we'll go to the other half and hopefully he will nap. I'm driving a few hours each way this afternoon to go to a friend's wedding, which is an informal gathering at a city hall, so a sweater dress will do. Need to stop for some farm supplies on the way back.

Knut really likes squeaky toys, and he's so far very receptive to swapping out whatever he is mouthing for a chew bone. I'm looking at stores for toys to put his food in, to make him work for his meals.

Ugh, super cold this morning too. I am going to look at a house today, but I don't want to leave my warm house! It sounds like a permeant train is passing by my house right now, so windy.

The hot coffee is brewing, I have my usual Saturday excitement, of laundry and cleaning as well.

It's snowing here this morning. Only the second snowfall we've had this winter. Last week we had temps in the 70's. Such a weird winter! It's not sticking to the streets though as they are too warm.

I went to Kohl's last night to get DS some clothes after massively cleaning his room and sorting through stuff. That kid is growing so fast I'm afraid to buy too much! He's in men's small sizes now, and geez! Men's clothes are so much more expensive than boy's clothes.

Premier Sponsor
    Realized enroute to DI regionals this morning I am in RC's current neck of the woods! The team was required to compete locally to go to Poland, so we're jumping through that hoop today. Had to drive 2 hours to do it thouugh, since our local tourney is while we're in Poland.
    "You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it into peace."

Countdown the the End of An Error

Home from Louisiana!

I had a great time, but managed to pick up a cold and felt like crap last night (achy, congested). Took my drugs and went to bed. I feel better this am. My friend and ds fly home today. Dh and I have plans with friends tonight- an escape room plus dinner. Hoping I feel up to it.

Clearly I had far too much fun in New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Chalmers View Post
    It's cold here but not bitterly so, and not windy. Knut and I did half our morning chores, came in for food, and then we'll go to the other half and hopefully he will nap. I'm driving a few hours each way this afternoon to go to a friend's wedding, which is an informal gathering at a city hall, so a sweater dress will do. Need to stop for some farm supplies on the way back.

Knut really likes squeaky toys, and he's so far very receptive to swapping out whatever he is mouthing for a chew bone. I'm looking at stores for toys to put his food in, to make him work for his meals.
    Greg had a food ball and he loved it. We bought it for enrichment and would part of his kibble in it and the rest in the bowl - but then we realized he was preferentially eating the ball food so we started putting it all in there . He ended up with a lip allergy thing and we had to take away the food ball .

Mostly a quiet day puttering around the house. Dh is fixing two of our toilets that keep running. He's got one fixed so far. Then I think he's going to wash his truck in the garage.

I've got the urge to do a major purge of all the things. The house is surface clean, but I'm getting pretty annoyed and disgusted by the bulging drawers and closets. Time to get rid of the excess clutter!