Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freezing Friday, Again!

Mare blech

Mme Sorry that he's sick and sorry that date night is off again. The flu sucks. Ds had it two years in a row - once when we were away on holiday - and it's miserable

Now Cecily has a stomach virus! :gah

And I am feeling awful and selfish for feeling disappointed about the ways these illnesses affect ME (not just date night--there are other things that will be affected, too).

Off to make a grocery list under the assumption that the whole household will be sick with one or both things in the coming days.

You're not awful and selfish. You're a mother of three young children and you needed a break . It's natural to be disappointed

Exactly what WOG said, mmeblue. You're in the tough part of hands-on parenting. It's hard and disappointing sometimes.

My old boss posted the position she told me to watch out for, and I applied. I hope I get an interview at least . The coolest part of this is that they've restructured the department, and this job is a new position dealing mostly with cats and working with the vets' clinic. I love dogs and all, but they are a lot more physical, and one tends to end up scratched and bitten and bruised working with them

Premier Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Goat View Post
    You're not awful and selfish. You're a mother of three young children and you needed a break . It's natural to be disappointed

I hope your little guy licks this soon. Was it early enough to give him the anti-viral meds?
    "You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it into peace."

Countdown the the End of An Error

Quote Originally Posted by mmeblue View Post
    My little guy tested positive for flu.
    Aw that's rough.

Quote Originally Posted by mmeblue View Post
    Now Cecily has a stomach virus! :gah

And I am feeling awful and selfish for feeling disappointed about the ways these illnesses affect ME (not just date night--there are other things that will be affected, too).

Off to make a grocery list under the assumption that the whole household will be sick with one or both things in the coming days.
    You may as well stock up on apple juice & ginger ale. it's just part of that time of life. Recently the grandchildren and DD got that horrible stomach virus - I've been thanking my lucky stars that we avoided getting sick. As grandparents I want to step in and help so much, but I'm also afraid of getting sick myself.

Hope YOU don't get it too!
    I can't think of anything witty to say for my signature line.

Thanks guys. I still feel a little guilty.

Yes, we started him on Tamiflu. The girls, too--the NP said they recommend giving it to siblings prophylactically when one child tests positive. Although Cecily didn't get her dose today because, you know, stomach virus.

That stomach virus, though, doesn't seem to be a particularly awful one. I mean, none of them are GOOD, but with this one she's up and playing and happy in between the five-minute spells where she's actively sick.

Inky - we definitely do not want to pass illnesses along to grandparents! We want them to keep liking us and our children. If one of the kids has a simple cold, we give a heads-up so the grandparents can decide if it's worth the risk, but for vomiting and/or fever, we just go ahead and assume any plans are off.

Nansel, I hope you get that job!

Go Nansel!