Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does Feminism Have Room for Zionists?

Quote Originally Posted by GiftOfFlavor View Post
    When the leader of the March happens to be a convicted terrorist I have a hard time believing she really cares about anyone at all.
    That's the other march leader.

Sarsour is the one who tweeted that Ayaan Hirsi Ali needs an ass whooping and and to have her vagina taken away. Sorry, allegedly said.

I'm firmly second wave feminist and believe that for the vast majority of the case, we have achieved those goals -- equal access to education, healthcare, political office, property rights, marital law, etc.

Third wave feminism leaves me in the dust and this is where I stand back, at the intersectionality that TTT spoke of. I was watching a video yesterday of a woman whose name escapes me right now, claiming that trans women are not equal to other women because they have enjoyed privilege and power. Got that? Trans women are more privileged and powerful than the rest of us. Another video had a young trans activist feminist calling Germaine Greer "an old bigot" because she was privileged and not worth listening to, essentially. Even pioneering feminists have too much privileged -- who knew?! Greer's crime against feminism? Saying that trans women are not the same as other women.

Modern feminism has gone beyond the goal of equality and into a illogical competition of who's done by the hardest, picking up all manner of harmless and sometimes not-so-harmless players along the way. Not interested in this Oppression Olympics.
    "Wherever in the world much poverty is found, much religion is found also"

If you bring the monkey, I'm leaving puppylove's Avatar
    On my 33 acres in Virginia! (Thank you Sars for the reminder) ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamapalooza View Post
    That's the other march leader.

Sarsour is the one who tweeted that Ayaan Hirsi Ali needs an ass whooping and and to have her vagina taken away. Sorry, allegedly said.

I'm firmly second wave feminist and believe that for the vast majority of the case, we have achieved those goals -- equal access to education, healthcare, political office, property rights, marital law, etc.

Third wave feminism leaves me in the dust and this is where I stand back, at the intersectionality that TTT spoke of. I was watching a video yesterday of a woman whose name escapes me right now, claiming that trans women are not equal to other women because they have enjoyed privilege and power. Got that? Trans women are more privileged and powerful than the rest of us. Another video had a young trans activist feminist calling Germaine Greer "an old bigot" because she was privileged and not worth listening to, essentially. Even pioneering feminists have too much privileged -- who knew?! Greer's crime against feminism? Saying that trans women are not the same as other women.

Modern feminism has gone beyond the goal of equality and into a illogical competition of who's done by the hardest, picking up all manner of harmless and sometimes not-so-harmless players along the way. Not interested in this Oppression Olympics.
    Very well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Donna- People first. Dogs second. Things last.

http://countdowntoasimplerlife.blogspot.com

Let's take a trip to the stars Steffy's Avatar
    Well, Greer's comments were quite a bit more than simply stating that. And 2nd wave feminism primarily benefited white women, so it's important to add the intersectionality to the 3rd wave. But yes, I also think that some 3rd wave feminists have jumped the shark. However, that doesn't mean I'm going to abandon the whole concept or refuse to identify as a feminist.