Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Panera

NEVERtrump
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprockey View Post
    They didn't even try to make the sandwiches look pretty. (I ordered it to take out).

I got 2 sandwiches, a bowl of soup and a side of mac & cheese, small package of choc chip cookies and it was $44 !
    Ridiculous.
    $44 for that?! Insane!
    “Saying John Lewis isn’t a man of action is like me saying: ‘Donald Trump is all tax returns, no tweets.’” Trevor Noah

Countdown the the End of An Error

Quote Originally Posted by tpatt100 View Post
    Ours are still pretty good, I just went to my Panera app and my usual meal costs 12.67 you pick two and a drink.
    That's what I usually get without the drink. I stopped drinking soda AND every restaurant charges way too much for a fountain drink. My trusty water bottle...

A side of Mac and Cheese and a small bag of cookies is almost $10, which is about what my Pick2 costs.

Our local Panera has good quality and presentation. It is regionally franchised... so results may vary ;)

I used to go there semi-frequently worth coworkers (so maybe 2009-10). I was excited that there was one just down the street for us in our temp home in CA, but the food was definitely less good than I remembered. I still ate there occasionally (because I am so lazy and having someone else make my sandwich is nice ), but it was a much more "meh" experience.

I don't recall the prices being over the top. I usually got the pick 2.

Our local Panera has good quality and presentation. It is regionally franchised... so results may vary ;)
    I don't know why I never thought of this. I am such a dolt at times!

Quote Originally Posted by TapToTalk View Post
    Yes, we have them and I still go maybe once a month for lunch. They are priced about the same as similar restaurants.
    Agreed.

They have gotten rid of a couple of my favorite sandwiches (asiago roast beef, original veggie ) and changed some of the others, but it's not bad. Our office provides Panera sandwiches and salads for us once a month or so. Still love the broccoli cheddar soup!!

I like the creamy tomato soup and their salad always seems fresh. I'd rather eat Panera then other fast stuff.
    I liked he original St. Louis Bread Company veggie sandwich before it became Panera. I make that at home a lot.

Chronically sleep deprived RN_mom's Avatar
    I used to love them. Their sandwiches are so not worth it. The only thing I ever get there is the spinach and artichoke soufflé for breakfast. But I have been low-carb for a good while so it's been a long time since I even had one of those.

I prefer Cosi to Panera, but, they don't have any in California

Quote Originally Posted by TapToTalk View Post
    I prefer Cosi to Panera, but, they don't have any in California
    YUM! We don't have any Cosi here but when I end up in DC I try to get it.