Thread: Anne Frank Center slams Trump: 船o not make us Jews settle for crumbs..."

Anne Frank Center slams Trump: 船o not make us Jews settle for crumbs..."

On Tuesday morning, Steven Goldstein, executive director of the Anne Frank Center for Mutual Respect, blasted Trump in a Facebook post.

滴is statement today is a pathetic asterisk of condescension after weeks in which he and his staff have committed grotesque acts and omissions reflecting Antisemitism, yet day after day have refused to apologize and correct the record, Goldstein said in the statement. 溺ake no mistake: The Antisemitism coming out of this Administration is the worst we have ever seen from any Administration.
    The statement continued:
    典he White House repeatedly refused to mention Jews in its Holocaust remembrance, and had the audacity to take offense when the world pointed out the ramifications of Holocaust denial. And it was only yesterday, Presidents Day, that Jewish Community Centers across the nation received bomb threats, and the President said absolutely nothing. When President Trump responds to Antisemitism proactively and in real time, and without pleas and pressure, that痴 when we値l be able to say this President has turned a corner. This is not that moment.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8f4f82022409

Fair criticism?

Well, Trump built his own reputation during his campaign by the things he said and the people he attracted. Even if has truly turned over a new leaf, which I highly doubt, it will take quite a bit of time to overcome the level of distrust that currently exists among all of the people he has disaffected.
    "Life is about dreams. Teaching is about making them come true."

Trump and Co. has a long way to go to correct his record and things his associates have (or haven't) said.

To say that his Anti-Semitism is the worst seen from any administration is a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by TapToTalk View Post
    Trump and Co. has a long way to go to correct his record and things his associates have (or haven't) said.

To say that his Anti-Semitism is the worst seen from any administration is a stretch.
    If I add the caveat "modern president", do you still think he's not the worst? Who has been worse?

Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    If I add the caveat "modern president", do you still think he's not the worst? Who has been worse?
    Tell me where modern begins...

BTW, prior to this article, I had never heard of the Anne Frank Center in the US. I was kind of curious as it seemed to be overlapping some advocacy being done by both the ADL and the Holocaust Museum; neither of which have come out with such strong language.

I found this profile:

http://www.jta.org/2016/06/14/news-o...ssive-as-he-is

Now Goldstein has the chance to play a new part. Starting Tuesday, he値l be the executive director of the Anne Frank Center for Mutual Respect, a relatively obscure Holocaust memorial organization based in downtown Manhattan. Goldstein wants to turn it into a national leader in fighting hate and discrimination of all kinds.
    Goldstein plans to expand that mission by establishing five institutes, led by prominent activists and academics, that will focus on civil rights, human rights, women痴 rights, religious discrimination and journalism. He plans to release policy reports on those topics.
    So, basically, a progressive political activist is using the name of Anne Frank to promote his politics agenda. That's the center's and the donor's business.

Sounds like he's being provocative to gain attention to a little know non-profit that has much larger, well known organization advocating the same causes.