Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nearly half of Netflix watchers ‘cheat’ on their significant other

If I waited for DW to binge watch episodes with me, I'd still be on Episode 3 of Season 1 of Game of Thrones. And, that's a show she liked...

She wanted me to wait, but, I really wanted to get caught up before 2035.

Quote Originally Posted by purplekitty View Post
    I don't even understand this. I watch things without my husband all the time. I don't make it a secret. I'm open to rewatching if he wants to.
    See this is where we are normally. He watches a lot more television than I do - I have shows I watch, he has shows he watches, and we have shows we watch together. I knew he wouldn't want to watch Broadchurch so I watched it without him. Just like I knew he wouldn't want to watch Stranger Things - until he did . I mean he doesn't like X-Files or Twin Peaks or anything remotely paranormal so why would I save it for him .

He watches shows that I'm going to watch eventually like Luther and Aquarius - but I don't really give a shit

I don't even understand this. I watch things without my husband all the time. I don't make it a secret. I'm open to rewatching if he wants to.
    I understand it, I guess, but it doesn't reflect my life at all. My husband and I watch some things together, I have other things I love that he is not interested in, so I watch without him.

Quote Originally Posted by maurinsky View Post
    I understand it, I guess, but it doesn't reflect my life at all. My husband and I watch some things together, I have other things I love that he is not interested in, so I watch without him.
    I understand choosing to watch shows together. I don't understand "cheating" by watching it first because you don't want to wait.

I don't think the article is too serious and is just being funny.

Often the shows my wife and I watch together are more enjoyable if we waited for each other.

My wife wanted to hurry up and catch up to me watching Westworld because I kept going "important part coming up!"
    Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers

I understand choosing to watch shows together. I don't understand "cheating" by watching it first because you don't want to wait.
    I don't know. Like others we each have our own shows but there are shows that we do like to watch together and we like to experience all of the ups and downs together. Not one sitting there smirking at the other because they already know what is coming. lol Its more for the experience, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Andee View Post
    I don't know. Like others we each have our own shows but there are shows that we do like to watch together and we like to experience all of the ups and downs together. Not one sitting there smirking at the other because they already know what is coming. lol Its more for the experience, I guess.
    Same here - I would be pissed at dh (and vice versa) if he watched The Wire without me - which is the only show that we're watching together right now. It was one of the reasons I was usually behind on Walking Dead was we had to wait for a time when we were both available to watch it.

Doug and I have a couple of shows we watch together: Bob's Burgers, Brooklyn 99. He may watch them without me, but he never lets on (I have a lot of activities outside of work, he does not).

He likes to watch some shows with me that he would never watch on his own, like Jane the Virgin (which is excellent and everyone should watch it).

DH thinks I'm weird because I like The Walking Dead. I watched the first episode of The Santa Clarita Diet the other night and he is firmly convinced there is something wrong with me.

We don't like the same stuff with the exception of Game of Thrones.

Quote Originally Posted by Andee View Post
    Yes, I get liking to watch the shows together. Totally get that. My husband and I have a show like that.

Getting upset or calling it cheating if one just couldn't wait and watched it without the other? Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Goat View Post
    Same here - I would be pissed at dh (and vice versa) if he watched The Wire without me - which is the only show that we're watching together right now. It was one of the reasons I was usually behind on Walking Dead was we had to wait for a time when we were both available to watch it.
    Yeah, see, this is just weird. I can't imagine getting pissed at my husband over television for any reason.