Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone use propane for heat?

That's awesome! Good luck!

I've had propane a couple of times in the past, and always found it pretty expensive, but it's been a while. Plus I had constant difficulty getting the tank filled when we lived in Miami, so just hearing the word "propane" fills me with anxiety, but it's probable different if you don't live in Miami.

I think that a propane flame doesn't burn as hot as natural gas, so it's a little different to cooking than on a natural gas stove.
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

I use propane to heat my barbecue... that's all.

When we had our house converted from electric baseboard heat, propane was the only alternative, but we knew that gas was coming to Blackstock in the next 3 years. We went for it - and when gas came through our furnace had a little conversion kit that came with it. Same with our fireplace. It was simple to switch over. I assume that gas is not available where you are looking, hence the propane. If gas IS available, it wouldn't likely cost much to switch over if you wanted to. It seems like appliances and furnaces are made to go both ways.

I did not notice any difference between propane and natural gas - I love both. So much better than electric heat.
    I can't think of anything witty to say for my signature line.