Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: What Are You Reading? 2017!

I am currently reading Writing to Save a Life: The Louis Till File by John Edgar Wideman.

I just finished Book one of the Promise Falls trilogy by Linwood Barclay. I have book 2 to start next.

DH gave me a wonderful birthday present - A new Kobo Aura!!! Can't wait to get it all set up. (My old Kobo didn't have the feature where you can read without lights.)
    I can't think of anything witty to say for my signature line.

Quote Originally Posted by Inky View Post
    I just finished Book one of the Promise Falls trilogy by Linwood Barclay. I have book 2 to start next.

DH gave me a wonderful birthday present - A new Kobo Aura!!! Can't wait to get it all set up. (My old Kobo didn't have the feature where you can read without lights.)
    I have a very old kobo (two of them actually) and one of the problems with it is it only has three font sizes - and depending on the publishers sometimes even on the "largest" font I can't read well without my glasses - this is a relatively new thing for me. I was playing with the Aura in the store the other day and I was impressed that the font was basically a sliding scale that you could set to whatever you wanted. I will miss my kobo(s) when they go with their lovely directional pads - but that new font will make the transition easier

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Goat View Post
    I have a very old kobo (two of them actually) and one of the problems with it is it only has three font sizes - and depending on the publishers sometimes even on the "largest" font I can't read well without my glasses - this is a relatively new thing for me. I was playing with the Aura in the store the other day and I was impressed that the font was basically a sliding scale that you could set to whatever you wanted. I will miss my kobo(s) when they go with their lovely directional pads - but that new font will make the transition easier
    The kids gave me a used Kobo a couple of years ago (we had a second-hand Christmas gift exchange) and I instantly loved it, but always felt bad if I read in bed while DH was trying to sleep. This should solve that problem!

Ohhh!! Is it the Aura One? I got that for my birthday too!! It replaced my Nook Glowlight and I'm in LOVE with it. It's bigger, lighter, waterproof, and I can side load all my books with Calibre.

Quote Originally Posted by niccikatie View Post
    Ohhh!! Is it the Aura One? I got that for my birthday too!! It replaced my Nook Glowlight and I'm in LOVE with it. It's bigger, lighter, waterproof, and I can side load all my books with Calibre.
    Oh wow - I didn't even know it was waterproof. I haven't set it up yet.

There's an Aura that's waterproof and one that isn't - so make sure you have the waterproof one before dropping it in the bath

Oh wow - I didn't even know it was waterproof. I haven't set it up yet.
    There's an Aura that's waterproof and one that isn't - so make sure you have the waterproof one before dropping it in the bath
    That's what I was going to say! There's the Aura H20, Aura Edition 2, Aura H20 Edition 2, and the Aura One. All but the Aura Edition 2 have some kind of waterproofing. I have no idea which ones they sell in stores in Canada since I had to order mine online. They're not sold in retail locations in the US. It's an uncommon brand in the US, but I've had two Nooks crap out on me and I didn't want a Kindle.

Kobo was the first big ereader in Canada - sold through our Chapters stores so we can still get them all in store. We had Sony ereaders but they stopped making them and transferred all their clients to kobo.

Quote Originally Posted by niccikatie View Post
    That's what I was going to say! There's the Aura H20, Aura Edition 2, Aura H20 Edition 2, and the Aura One. All but the Aura Edition 2 have some kind of waterproofing. I have no idea which ones they sell in stores in Canada since I had to order mine online. They're not sold in retail locations in the US. It's an uncommon brand in the US, but I've had two Nooks crap out on me and I didn't want a Kindle.
    Mine is the Aura Edition 2. So I will not be reading it in the bathtub. Not that I would have anyway LOL.