Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: What Are You Reading? 2017!

Feminist since age three! Marian Paroo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
    What do you think of it? I wasn't impressed with it at all.
    I'm enjoying it, but know it is "lite". I would really like to read the real thing someday.

I started reading Neverwhere today, speaking of Neil Gaiman.

OMG I adored We Were Liars - I don't want to give spoilers and sometimes just knowing something about a book is spoilery enough for me. It's a YA drama - and it really stuck with me. I kept thinking about it afterwards. I keep flitting around books - starting and stopping because all I really want to read is fluff so I've downloaded the 5th Mercy Thompson book (I blew through the 4th on the weekend) and will probably set aside the three other books I started this week . See what I mean about the flitting

It's BEN and Jerry, not GWEN and Jerry! Catamount's Avatar
    I really liked We Were Liars but didn't think it quite lived up to the hype from the booksellers. I'm re-reading Set This House In Order by Matt Ruff. It's one of my favorite books of all time, and our babysitter just read it and I decided it needed a re-read.

I've been doing a lot of YA on audio for when I'm driving, because I can't stomach the news right now. I usually like Lauren Oliver but I just finished Rooms and was definitely underwhelmed. I've been saving the last couple of hours of the Trevor Noah autobiography, and maybe it's time to pick myself up by finishing it.
    "Correlation doesn't imply causation, but it does waggle its eyebrows suggestively and gesture furtively while mouthing 'look over there.'"