Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it wrong to kiss your child on the lips?

Quote Originally Posted by purplekitty View Post
    I still kiss some of my kids on the lips - always my youngest son (23), youngest step-daughter (38) and son-in-law (40). Those that don't like or want lip-kissing, we kiss on the cheeks. But I'm always up for a good lip kiss!

People who criticize that type of love expression are assholes.
    We're a lip-kissing family too. Not everyone and not overtime but most of the time we're lip-kissers.

My youngest doesn't do lip kisses. I ask for a kiss and she gives me her forehead.

People are effing ridiculous.
    "Wherever in the world much poverty is found, much religion is found also"

Not a lip kissing family, but no judgement from me for those that do. I kiss my 24 year old son and my 21 year old daughter on the cheek, usually when telling them hello or goodbye. I kiss my 13 year old all the time, on the cheek, or the forehead. I wish I didn't have to stand on my tiptoes to reach his forehead though, lol. He is by far my most affectionate child. He will walk up, and bend down so I can kiss his head, or like a few minutes ago, while I am sitting in the chair he will come over to randomly hug me and kiss my cheek. I hope he never stops. His future wife/significant other just better get used to it, haha.

My two youngest kiss me on the lips, my two oldest on the cheek. I don't care, as long as my babies still kiss me (or allow me to kiss them)!

Not from a lip kissing family and it would make me a bit uncomfortable if anyone other than DH or a very small child lip-kissed me, but I recognize that those feelings are on me. I'm not going to judge anyone with different sensibilities about the matter. And the fact that the conversation is about a 4yo makes it even more ridiculous.

Didn't we do this thread recently??

Sitting on the couch eating bon bons! Eli's Avatar
    As long as it's not french kissing (daddy says I'm the best at it ), I really don't care.

And yes, TtT, I think this was done recently.

Quote Originally Posted by TapToTalk View Post
    Didn't we do this thread recently??
    Yep.

I kiss my kids on the lips, because they don't know any better to feel weird about it. I've started feeling uncomfortable kissing my oldest (2nd grade) on the lips at school while he's waiting in line to go in. He doesn't feel weird, but I do. I recognize that he's getting older and things like that often change. So I've started kissing him on the cheek or head. It makes me sad, because to me it's a sign that my baby is growing up. I still kiss my other two (kindergarten and a 3 yr old) on the lips because I feel like it's still culturally acceptable.

I should add...I didn't like it when I had to stop giving my oldest a baby fork and give him a big kid fork. Change/transition/end-of-life-stages are hard for me.

To all those that hate on others about it? Get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    (daddy says I'm the best at it )
    Interesting how he would know...

Sitting on the couch eating bon bons! Eli's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TapToTalk View Post
    Interesting how he would know...