Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam's Club

Sam's Club

We had let our Sam's Club membership lapse many years ago, but after finding out that we could get $1,000 off my car last summer just for having a membership, we renewed it. Dh and I finally went last Thursday to pick up a few items and check prices on others. We didn't have a cooler with us, so we didn't stock up on any perishables. We just got things like toilet paper and paper towels. So we're set till the next millennium now!

I'll definitely be stocking up on bacon! It's half the price of what it is in our regular grocery store!

Does anyone have any Sam's Club favorites? I've heard good things about their desserts. How about their meat selection?

I'm a Costco girl...

Not a meat fan, but I am picky, I don't buy it at Walmart either.
    I like the desserts, the apps, dairy dept, the bakery, paper products. I have better luck on prices there than BJ's. I only Have Sam's and BJ's convenient to me, so that's my only comparison.

Definitely Costco over Sam's Club. Costco's fresh food and booze for parties is great. Savings on other things, too.

I have no idea about their bacon prices.

Quote Originally Posted by TapToTalk View Post
    Definitely Costco over Sam's Club. Costco's fresh food and booze for parties is great. Savings on other things, too.

I have no idea about their bacon prices.
    The nice thing here is you don't have to have a Costco membership to buy liquor! It has something to do with our ancient blue laws - about the only thing good about them!

We do prefer Costco to Sam's but don't currently have a membership to either. We can order through instacart for Costco for the few things we buy every six months or so and the delivery fee is less than a yearly membership. Since we started buying our beef and pork directly from farmers/meat lockers we really have no need to go on any kind of regular basis.

We don't have a Costco and DH refuses to shop at Sam's because it's owned by Wal-Mart. We go to BJ's. Same idea, really bad name.

Costco.... DH refuses to shop at Sam's as well because it's owned by Walmart.

I really like some of the prepared foods...the chicken alfredo is DS's favorite. I also get razors there and I think the prices are better. Cashews and milk. Basically I can't get out of there less than $200.

Quote Originally Posted by GiftOfFlavor View Post
    I'm a Costco girl...
    We don't have Costco here!

We don't have Sam's anymore. They made a big splashy entrance into Canada several years ago but couldn't compete with the pre-existing Costco (which was called Price Club back then ). When they left about 10 years ago Costco bought most of the Sam's clubs and offered Sam's Club members a deal to jump over to Costco. I don't have a membership to Costco (nor did I to Sam's). There's only 3 of us - we don't really need that much toilet paper

I don't have a membership anymore. We don't use as much stuff now that my kids are not at home as much.