Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sam's Club

Sam's has a really good chicken salad in the refrigerator section. I'd have to think about what else. It has been awhile.

Sioux Falls has both a Costco and a Sam's. We did a walk through of Costco and liked it but for the things we needed at that time on a regular basis, Sam's was cheaper.

Melts in Your Mouth -- srsly! M&M's Avatar
    We have a Sam's membership and go about twice a month. On a usual trip we get two 42-pound containers of Kitty Litter, two 40-packs of Ozarka 16.9 oz water bottles, one 2 1/2 pound block of Tilamook Sharp Cheddar cheese, and one 1-pound bag of Jack Link's Original Beef Jerky. Quite often, we will also pick up a dozen of their chocolate chip cookies in the bakery, or a rotisserie chicken for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Andee View Post
    Sam's has a really good chicken salad in the refrigerator section. I'd have to think about what else. It has been awhile.
    Andee, I have bought their chicken salad a couple of times and really like it, as well. http://www.samsclub.com/sams/sycamor...2-oz/157402.ip

George Michael McKitty

Costco and Sams seem pretty much the same, to me. We don't have Costco here, but we bought dd and sil a membership, so I've been to theirs a couple of time, and it doesn't seem much different. I'd switch to Costco for ethical reasons were it available, but it isn't.

We buy coffee at Sam's - the Daily Chef fair trade whole beans in a 2.5 lb bag. I like it better than the Starbucks beans, and it's quite a bit cheaper. I buy baking yeast and rotisserie chickens. I just bought some nice, really big towels there for 6.99 each. Dh likes their men's jeans. I buy juice pouches there for school.

I do not think their wine is as cheap as at the Italian market, for the exact same bottles. I like the IGA's meat better, but they do have individually wrapped frozen chicken breasts that I buy for Sarah sometimes.

We go to Sam's about once/month, but dh buys gas there every week.
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

Quote Originally Posted by RealCranky View Post
    Costco and Sams seem pretty much the same, to me. .
    So not the same here.

Walmart:Target
    Sams:Costco

costco>sams

Crunchy and a little nutty PB&J's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by niccikatie View Post
    The nice thing here is you don't have to have a Costco membership to buy liquor! It has something to do with our ancient blue laws - about the only thing good about them!
    You can also use Costco's pharmacy without a membership. We had a Sams membership years ago (like 20+ years) and then switched to Costco after one was built here. I haven't renewed my membership in a few years, though. Once we got an Aldi, I realized it was cheaper than Sams or Costco.

I do miss Costco. We haven't joined Sam's Club, but maybe I'll do a trial run sometime.

Since it's just me and dh, I'd be surprised if we renewed our membership when this one expires. The bacon (sorry, TtT ) was $14.xx for 4 pounds (OM). The same brand at the grocery story is usually right around $7/pound.

When I go back, I think I'll stock up on razors and other H&B stuff and try their hamburger. Dh has been getting some of our hamburger and chicken breasts at Kwik Trip (which has been pretty good, to be honest!), so I'm willing to give this a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    We go to BJ's. Same idea, really bad name.
    We don't have BJ's Wholesale Club here. We do have BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse. Lots of locations. It's good to have a lot of choices of BJ's.

For those of you that buy razors at Sam's/Costco/BJs - check out dorco razors. They're the brand that supplies dollar shave club and make store brand razors. Great quality - SUPER inexpensive. If you search "dorco coupons" there are always extra % off coupons. I got about 2 years worth of razor blades + 1 handle for $30 after coupons and free shipping. I ordered in January of this year and have more than half my order left.

I use this: http://www.dorcousa.com/shai-4-combo...a2000-fra2040/
    and this: http://www.dorcousa.com/shai-4-cartr...-pack-fra2040/

I use men's Gillette Sensor Excel. I only use one blade a month or so, so I don't go through very many. I hate women's razors.