Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving Dinner

Melts in Your Mouth -- srsly! M&M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M&M View Post
    We will be having Thanksgiving dinner with my in-laws in St. Louis on the Saturday following Thanksgiving, as per tradition. I will contribute pumpkin pie, cranberry-orange relish, and some of my dressing (as my daughter and I don't really care for MIL's stuffing).
    DH talked to his mom last night and there have been some changes. We will still be having dinner on Saturday, but there will be no turkey or Thanksgiving-type foods. We will be having Italian (specifically Chicken Spiedini). I will miss the turkey and dressing, etc. I may just have to make my own turkey and trimmings sometime soon!

George Michael McKitty

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Chalmers View Post
    What are you making?

Christopher Kimball's new Milk Street Kitchen has a Thanksgiving menu on its website. http://recipes.177milkstreet.com/rethink-thanksgiving

I may do that, or I'm thinking of smoking a turkey and making sides that pair well with barbecue. Either way, I suppose I should decide soon.

If anyone is looking for a vegetarian main dish, The Kitchn just posted a nut loaf with mushroom sauce: http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-savo...m-sauce-237790
    That sweet potato recipe looks so good!!!

It's Ypsi's turn! I'm going to make two kinds of cranberries, the bread cornucopia, a pumpkin pie, and anything else she wants.

Also, maybe that nut loaf...
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

Quote Originally Posted by Sprockey View Post
    That sweet potato recipe looks so good!!!
    Yes it does. I think I'm going to try it. Dd1 is vegetarian and would like it I think

My mother told the doctor at her appointment that she cooks Thanksgiving dinner. I literally gasped out loud. She then corrected herself and said, "Well I get help." and gestured towards me. She makes the turkey and the dressing. She asked me to make the dressing this year. I make green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, some kind of side dish that varies, and 2 desserts. My brother brings baked beans. My other brother doesn't bring anything anymore.

Andee

My dd2 is bringing her new boyfriend. I'm so hoping I like him. She was also invited to his grandparents for dinner later on too.

My mother told the doctor at her appointment that she cooks Thanksgiving dinner.
    Perhaps she meant "hosts"?

I don't cook. Like, ever.

But the squadron does Thanksgiving in the Hangar on Wednesday and I know that for a lot of the guys, that's the only Thanksgiving meal they get. It's a very special thing, and it's the least I can do to pitch in for these people who work so hard. It's a giant potluck, so I signed up for rolls. But it was looking like we might not have enough food, so now I am making green beans, plus I'm finishing 8 (!!!) corn casseroles that someone made and left in her freezer since she'll be out of town.

Hopefully there's enough for us to bring home some leftovers for Thursday.

Feminist since age three! Marian Paroo's Avatar
    A friend of mine is doing a potluck on Sunday, he has the day off.

I'm bringing sauteed beans with garlic.