Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cloth diapers

Quote Originally Posted by mmeblue View Post

Regarding new parents being a little weird about things - I think a lot of times new parents really need to feel affirmed in their parenting decisions, and something like "Oh, you've chosen to do X? Well, when baby's at my house we'll do Y instead" can make them feel like you're questioning their ability to choose well. They may not even care so much about diapers in particular but see it as a sign that you're not going to respect their decisions.

I have nothing to add that will actually answer your question, though.
    This is sort of what I was thinking - that using cloth (or whatever) might come across as questioning their choices. I know in the early days of me being a parent I would have felt weird in that situation. Like my choice was wrong or something .

I know that's not what you're doing MM - but sometimes new parents are a little emotional and strung out.

I think the only potential issue would be if the baby has an allergic reaction to the cleaning /laundry detergent.
    Otherwise, I can't imagine being bothered by anyone using cloth.

I would not have minded if someone else wanted to use cloth diapers when they were caring for my kids. What's a little more laundry, in the grand scheme of things?

Siobhan and Jason use cloth diapers. The products available are much nicer than what was available when I had babies.

Evidently my son-in-law likes the cloth diapers so much that he's talking them up to his sister for her new baby!
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

I started with cloth when I had Zach and found them to be an absolute pain in the ass and he always seemed to be wet. So this grandma is not going to be a-switching from disposables if my kids choose that!

But my oldest and his wife are pretty much environmental nazis, so I won't be surprised if they choose to use cloth when they start their family.

Pampers have a little yellow strip on the front that turns green when they pee. Timmy's starts to turn practically before I have his jammies zipped up.

My bestie at church is going to be a grandma in January, and her dd has already signed the baby up for some ultra trendy daycare in Chicago that requires cloth diapers.
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

love and darkness and my sidearm stellarfeller's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie Beth View Post
    Pampers have a little yellow strip on the front that turns green when they pee. Timmy's starts to turn practically before I have his jammies zipped up.
    We haven't seen any pics for a while...
    Mornings are for coffee and contemplation
    -
    Chief Hopper, Stranger Things

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie Beth View Post
    Charlotte is in pampers too and we love the blue strip, our code for a diaper change is "code blue" lol!