19 73.08%
  • It's dressing.

4 15.38%
  • It's something else.

3 11.54%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Important food question (poll)

I make cornbread stuffing.
    I have always heard "cornbread dressing", not "cornbread stuffing". I'm sure there is good cornbread dressing/stuffing out there. I am also certain there is a very high chance that the stuff I have been served may not have been representative of the good kind. *Cough!* mother-in-law *Cough!*

Oh I could make you love it Peanut. Trust me

I love reading what others put in this dish...carry on

I love cornbread and make a mean one! But it's not meant to be stuffed in the bird.

Quote Originally Posted by purplekitty View Post
    I also call it stuffing. I have no idea what goes in it or how to make it because I don't like it.
    This!

It's stuffing. And we don't stuff any of it in the turkey. We usually cook the turkey either on a rotisserie or Scott makes smoked turkey.

My sister makes nasty stuffing. She puts fruit and weird shit in it. You aren't supposed to put FRUIT in stuffing. yuck

Its stuffing or dressing. We use both. Usually dressing if it is made outside the bird.

Can't believe it took me all these years to realize how unAmerican PK is. :poke

Its stuffing. I follow my Dad's recipe which has meat in it. Its ground beef, ground sausage, onions, celery, stuffing mix or toasted white bread cut up, poultry seasoning and cut up small pieces of Macintosh apples. Its sounds gross but its really good. I hate stuffing with raisins in it. :yuck
    :kay

Stuffing, even if it's dressing on the side and not actually stuffing the bird. Rules shmules.

I use the Joy of Cooking's requires which requires starting with a loaf of torn bread to dry for crumbs. It's fun as hell to make and easily my favorite part of the entire meal. Alternatively, I cook a pr-stuffed Butterball that goes in the oven frozen, and the stuffing is very nearly as good as homemade and ridiculously plentiful.
    "Wherever in the world much poverty is found, much religion is found also"

My grandma cooked it in the bird and called it dressing. I tend to call it dressing if I make it from scratch, and stuffing if it comes from a canister. I really don't know why I do that.

My grandma always called what she made dressing, which she happened to stuff into the bird.

The rest of my family goes crazy over grandma's dressing recipe. It's an all-day affair to make it, which is why I dreaded when it was our turn to host. I don't like it, so I don't want to make it!

My Thanksgiving plate always looked monochromatic: turkey, mashed potatoes and dinner rolls. Butter on all, please!