Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Posting your adult child's honeymoon pics..

Quote Originally Posted by TapToTalk View Post
    Basically, it's all about permission. If the daughter wanted the mom to post them or didn't care, not weird. If she didn't know or does care, then weird.
    Yes, permission is necessary. There were several things I wasn't allowed to post when Cris was in the army, so I always had to ask if I could post on FB.

Quote Originally Posted by GiftOfFlavor View Post
    The mom is the bff. The best man's speech included the line "Your spouse is usually your best friend but we all know that job is taken by mom".

The mom also posts pictures often what the daughter is wearing that day. The daughter texts the pics to mom and the mom posts them on instagram or fb.
    Sounds pretty normal for them then. Weird and overshare-y to me, but obviously not for them.

Quote Originally Posted by GiftOfFlavor View Post
    I don't think it's wierd to post pics from your own vacation. I think it's wierd to post pics from someone else's vacation....
    Yes, this. I have dozens of mutual friends with my kids, so they would be seeing those pics anyway, on the kid's fb. The only people seeing them for the first time if I reposted them would be MY friends. If they don't know my kid, or well enough to be friends with her, I don't see the point in reposing them on my own page.
    "Wherever in the world much poverty is found, much religion is found also"

I think it's weird to concern yourself with what pictures people post. Srsly - I wouldn't think anything of it. Who cares who posts what when?

If it's too many pictures then I would hide them. But I like seeing everyone's pictures. And multiples don't bother me - I come from a big Hispanic Catholic family...I often have family members posting a ton of pictures of the same family event.

It's a happy occasion and if she's my friend then I'm happy for her and her daughter. :)
    Mom to Taylor (22), Katie (19), Ben (16) & Grace (13)

"Weird", no, but poor etiquette. I never post pictures or information unless it's MINE. Just because someone sends you something via social media or email doesn't mean they want it broadcasted to the entire world!
    I'm being emotive again.
    "Life is about dreams. Teaching is about making them come true."

Quote Originally Posted by TapToTalk View Post
    I think the daughter is old enough to have her own FB and Instagram account.

This is sounding weird enough that I feel sorry for the new husband.
    Yep.

Then again, he probably saw that she was mommy's little girl before he married her so...

I don't think I would do it. I have stopped sharing a lot of photos of Matthew on FB as he has aged. Johnny is getting to that point now. The only difference is that Johnny will still tell me to put something on FB about him occasionally. I don't think either of them will want me posting honeymoon photos.

I think some people just have really different boundaries though. I have a couple of friends online whose mothers share every freaking thing they post. That would drive me crazy, but people are different.

eta that if my pug gets married, I will post her honeymoon photos. Sorry, not sorry.
    SaveSave

Quote Originally Posted by Steffy View Post
    It's weird and overbearing. I'd bet that the daughter shows up on the DWIL board on Babycenter before too long.
    That was my first thought as well. Except, I bet the husband shows up, complaining about his overbearing MIL. Someone should send him the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimm View Post
    Yep.

Then again, he probably saw that she was mommy's little girl before he married her so...

I don't think I would do it. I have stopped sharing a lot of photos of Matthew on FB as he has aged. Johnny is getting to that point now. The only difference is that Johnny will still tell me to put something on FB about him occasionally. I don't think either of them will want me posting honeymoon photos.

I think some people just have really different boundaries though. I have a couple of friends online whose mothers share every freaking thing they post. That would drive me crazy, but people are different.

eta that if my pug gets married, I will post her honeymoon photos. Sorry, not sorry.
    SaveSave
    I mostly agree with Nikki. I am no one to judge what other people post on FB based on what I post .

I agree with Kimm though about the kid thing. Ds will sometimes specifically ask me not to post something and I always honour his wishes. Every six months or so I also go back and delete pictures with him in it from FB. Which always makes those "end of the year" posts weird for me because it makes me look like a crazy cat lady .

I will post pictures of Greg's honeymoon if he chooses to marry also

I would love to be wrong. Yogagirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Goat View Post

I should hope so!

I can see myself posting a pic if my kid chose to send me something. A whole album? No. I think my kids know that I share pictures on FB and Insta and if they didn't want me to share they would say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Goat View Post
    Cleo is available.