Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Teal Pumpkin Project

Teal Pumpkin Project

Will you participate?

Honestly, I will not. I feel a little bad about it but I figure the parents will police their candy. I just have way to many kids that come to the house that there is no way of knowing how many non allergy treats to have. I usually have a big variety and if a kid asks for something specific, I will give it to them.

Does this mean I am a jerk?

I wish I could buy a teal pumpkin. THis could be a huge Dollar Store thing. But I don't know if I'll go to the effort to go to the store, buy teal spraypaint, paint said pumpkin and then buy special treats. I always have a bowl of non-candy treats that anyone is able to choose instead of candy. So if a child with allergies comes to the door, they won't leave empty handed. But I don't think I'll go to the effort of making a teal pumpkin for display. My to-do list already feels longer than I can tackle.

No, only because I consider it a miracle I am organized to even buy candy! I do think it's not exactly effective, in the sense of the svope. If a kid with an allergy is trick or treating, I would expect this kid to already know what they can eat and not eat. Even kids with no allergies, have specific likes and dislikes that get tossed or traded, eaten by mom and dad etc...

Wishes reality was like comic books tpatt100's Avatar
    Crap now I am worried about being sued if some kid gets an allergic reaction.
    Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers

Yep, every year. When dd couldn't have almost all Halloween candy, I was so thankful for the non candy people.

I always give out treat bags that have both candy and non-candy.

I don't know that I'll do a teal pumpkin, but I do candy and non candy treats.

My kids have peanut allergies (not life threatening). Generally this means that I get to eat half the bag of candy! Although my son will tell people, "I'm allergic and can't have that one" even though I've told him to just say "thank you" and move on! Regarding the OP, we don't get trick or treaters, so a non-issue for us.

If we actually got trick-or-treaters yes, we would be sure to have a variety of candy and also non-candy.

Sadly, I get no trick-or-treaters.