Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Teal Pumpkin Project

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    It's just a small part of everything that makes me so lovable!
    No, actually, it does not. Your behavior is socially inappropriate, illogical, and unhealthy.

What, that was serious? I assumed it was sarcasm.

How on earth is it making other people suffer if I buy some pencils and play doh, and hand that to kids if their parents indicate they have allergies? Who is suffering or handicapped by my decision to have an additional offering? Or by those who only offer non-food treats to all comers?

Your response is completely unhinged, unless my initial suspicion is correct and you are kidding. No one is demanding people participate. But it's a simple, easy, cheap thing that someone can opt to do if they want to.

It's entirely possible that Jasmine made a poor attempt at sarcasm, but she has a history of reveling in imaginary badassery.

Teal Pumpkin Project

I keep a separate container of peanut free, but I don't do the teal pumpkin because we're not completely peanut free. And my kids are usually about 20 Reeses when they stick their hands in our own goodies to search out what they might like in ours, so for the kids with contact allergies that could be bad.

I think it's a great idea. I won't be doing a teal pumpkin because I'm not doing real pumpkins. But Iwill do some nut free treats.

Also Teal is the "color" of Ovarian cancer as well....

in the Bat cave avoiding the drama llamas
    I like the idea of printing out or drawing a teal pumpkin. I might do that and stick it on the glass storm door with something that says "non-candy treats on request" and could keep those completely separate from the candy (I didn't even think about contamination for people with super allergies. I don't let ToTers rummage through the bowl, but we've been known to snack on candy throughout the night).

We don't get that many trick-or-treaters and Halloween is on a Monday so it'll probably be a slow night, so I could have some stickers and pencils that would be fun for me and the girls to have if we don't have any takers.

Oh never thought of the cross contamination, definitely would have to remember that! I only used to have my neighbor kids who had a dairy allergy, do we would dig out the skittles for them!

It's super easy to find peanut-free candies here, so I buy those anyway. Regular orange pumpkin.
    "Wherever in the world much poverty is found, much religion is found also"

Hmmmm. So how does one figure how many non candy treats to have on hand? I have been thinking about this for days. We usually get 500-600 kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Andee View Post
    Hmmmm. So how does one figure how many non candy treats to have on hand? I have been thinking about this for days. We usually get 500-600 kids.
    If I was committing to this project. ALL my candy would be allergen free, and/or everyone gets a toy.