Thread: Squash recipes

Squash recipes

I like squash. Lots of squashes in the farmers market.
    I have no idea how to cook squash.

Anyone have any good squash recipes? Acorn, Butternut, Spaghetti, Hubbard? Any squash..

Thanks!

This is my all-time favorite, for acorn squash, on the grill or in the oven. http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...iago-sage.html

Oh, yeah! I have a spaghetti squash with Turkey Bolognese recipe It's a great alternative to traditional spaghetti, and it's incredible.

Ingredients

one medium spaghetti squash
    one pound lean ground turkey (organic preferred)
    tablespoon of garlic
    28-oz can of crushed tomatoes
    6-oz can of tomato paste (avoid any with high fructose corn starch)
    one tablespoon of honey
    3 tablespoons of olive oil
    2 teaspoons of dried basil
    2 teaspoons of dried oregano
    1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
    1 tablespoon of coconut oil

Directions

*Preheat the oven to 375. Fill a 9x13 inch pan with just under an inch of water. Set aside.
    *Cut the spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise, and seed. Pierce the flesh with a fork a few times. Place the squash face down in pan and bake for 40 minutes.
    *Brown the ground turkey in a skillet over medium heat, about 7 to 8 minutes, and then add the garlic.
    *While turkey is browning, combine crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, honey and olive oil in a medium sized bowl. Whisk thoroughly. Stir in the basil, oregano, and sea salt. Add sauce to ground turkey and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
    *You'll know the squash is done when you can easily stick a fork or knife through the flesh. When it's done, remove water from pan and carefully turn the squash over. It will be steaming hot, so use caution! Taking a fork or spoon, scrape the squash into a bowl. It should easily fall out, resembling spaghetti.
    *Add the coconut oil to the squash and toss until the oil melts/mixes. Add sea salt to taste.
    *By now, your Bolognese sauce should be done. Serve the sauce over the squash and enjoy.
    "Life is about dreams. Teaching is about making them come true."