Thread: SAT or ACT Prep Classes

SAT or ACT Prep Classes

Anyone use an SAT or ACT prep company recently? I don't remember the one DD1 used a decade ago, neither does she. We looked into one nearby and their pricing was so outrageous that I can't believe they are in business.

My sister has done test prep for several years. She's branched out into independent college consulting now but still has test prep offerings available (tutoring via Skype or similar). She has excellent results and has been hired to offer classes in private schools and in a public school system. I haven't priced the same services elsewhere so I don't know how her prices compare, but here's her website.

Quote Originally Posted by mmeblue View Post
    My sister has done test prep for several years. She's branched out into independent college consulting now but still has test prep offerings available (tutoring via Skype or similar). She has excellent results and has been hired to offer classes in private schools and in a public school system. I haven't priced the same services elsewhere so I don't know how her prices compare, but here's her website.
    Thanks!!

Spencer took an ACT prep class a few times. I think it was definitely worth it for him, it took his score from an initial 21 to a 27. However we didn't go to a chain place, we went to a local one that pretty much only advertises word of mouth. It came recommended to me by tons of people. She focuses on how to take the test (like don't just start at question 1 and go down the list, she explained what sections to do first, then go back this one second, etc.) and also she focuses on bringing up the score on the section that you're strongest in. She thinks it's easier to bring up a score in your strong field vs. your weak one. Whatever she did, it worked!

My siblings and I have a tradition of prepping for the test by working late and drinking the night before.

Don't follow us, though. Good luck to your daughter!

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Chalmers View Post
    My siblings and I have a tradition of prepping for the test by working late and drinking the night before.
    Was that with a tutor or self-study?