Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ark encounter

That's probably him on other message boards.

And I would totally go see the Noah's Ark! I was looking forward to the Creationist Museum that was going to open up near my home town, but last I knew, it never happened.

A couple years ago, I would have said that Bill Cosby's version of Noah's Ark was the best retelling. I might cringe a bit now. Though give the way that Noah's son Ham took advantage of his drunken father, BC may have absorbed the story more than we know.

Regardless, it's an allegory... geesh. Even believers know that.

Building a boat somehow proves there was a flood? If so, I think Jethro Gibbs on NCIS already did this.

Premier Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by purplekitty View Post
    That's probably him on other message boards.

And I would totally go see the Noah's Ark! I was looking forward to the Creationist Museum that was going to open up near my home town, but last I knew, it never happened.
    On a road trip some years ago we were going to go to the Creation Museum in Kentucky. But we had limited time and the tickets were pricy and P was worried we were going to get kicked out within our first few minutes there so we ended up not going. I would absolutely go see this ark.

Yep this on bucket list of crazy American landmarks I must see, driven by it a few times as it was being built. Everytime I go to Disney World, I have to stop myself from going to visit "The Holy Land" as well.I just can't imagine!

A lot of coastal native groups have stories of a great flood, significant enough to pass the story through many generations. The one I'm most familiar with tells of waters rising over mountains that measure at least 3000 feet and give rise to stories of travel and access among distant groups, allowing for new marriage lines to have emerged. I wouldn't be surprised if indigenous cultures from every corner of the globe have similar stories of a great flood. The earth has undergone tremendous change in sea levels, we know this from the fossil record. Did someone build a boat with two of every animal? I need more than a story to convince me of that.

The flood in the bible is merely one fanciful version of a global event IMO.
    "Wherever in the world much poverty is found, much religion is found also"

There is a pretty cool Biblical History museum we always go by on our way to Florida - maybe Georgia? We look sad but are always too focused on getting to the beach. I think it would be awesome, though!

disclaimer - I'm pretty religious, but not very literal.
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

The Ark encounter. That happens at the end of Inidana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, right? If you are a Nazi you will leave your eyes open and your face will melt off, right?

That's what he's talking about, right?

Feminist since age three! Marian Paroo's Avatar
    I remember many years ago some of our Christianist friends were talking about building a pre-Holocaust "Yiddishe Schtetel" in an abandoned amusement part. It never came to pass.

But at the time, my brother and I, having seen Mrs. O'Leery and her cow do the walk through Freedomland as children, wondered how many times a day the progromchiks would be coming through...

I would totally check it out if it was close by.