Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Parties

Wedding Parties

How many people are "average" to have in a wedding party? DH and I had zero, usually I see 6 or so maybe averaged out?

I just saw a wedding photo that had a LOT and wondered how many people usually have?

IME, 3-5 on each side seems about average.

The weddings in which I've been part of the party had (per side) 3, 4, 5, and 3, I think.

I saw a photo with 24 people in the party. (12 bridesmaids and 12 groomsmen). I was kinda but I had zero so I figured maybe I just don't get it?

Dh and I had none. I had to turn around and throw my bouquet to my sister so we could do the ring part <- great wedding planner!

On Saturday we drove by a wedding photo shoot in a park with so many attendants we 1)noticed and 2) couldn't count while driving by . We agree there were at least a dozen men and a dozen women. I can't imagine having time for that many close friends/family in my life.

We had 3 each. Our wedding was fairly small, so having 24 attendants would have given us a close to 1:1 ratio of guest:wedding party. I do love seeing pictures of huge wedding parties - bridesmaids, junior bridesmaids, flower girls, etc. but I couldn't have pulled it off.

Ok I recounted (hard to count they're all wearing the same damn thing) there's 10 bridesmaids and 12 men, so probably 10 groomsmen and 2 ushers. That's still a lot to me

I'm just here for the lulz. Sarsparilla's Avatar
    This post got me wondering what the average number of wedding attendants is, but I found mostly info on Breaking Rules and Be Yourself and You Do You! I finally found an article that says "today's brides have an average of 4.5 bridesmaids." I guess that half bridesmaid is the future SIL you don't really like.

I had 1 attendant- my mother was my matron of honor and M's brother was his best man.
    Welcome to Fluffytown. No smoking, no farting, no pillow fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarsparilla View Post
    I guess that half bridesmaid is the future SIL you don't really like.

You saw my wedding album?

I just do not understand this sort of thing at all. I do NOT have ten very close girlfriends. And there was no way in hell I was asking anyone out of any sort of obligation. That means no siblings on either side. At any point in my life, at the very most, I could have had 3.

Don't know what the average is - I know I had no desire to organize my friends and dress shop with them.

I had a traditional Catholic church wedding with 1 maid of honor and my husband had 1 best man. Maid of honor picked out what ever she wanted.
    -Chris