Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Parties

We had 1 best man and maid of honor, 2 groomsmen, 2 bridesmaids and a ringer bearer and flower girl. We came to that number mostly because DH has 3 brothers that we had to get in the wedding party somehow. The youngest was the ring bearer, the other 2 were groomsmen and his best friend was the best man. I picked my girls based on that number of guys .

We had one each (our siblings). It was perfect (for us). Now I was the bridesmaid in MANY other weddings and I can pretty much say that the more attendants, the greater the d.r.a.m.a!

3-5 seems average and reasonable. We had one each, DH's oldest bff and my sister. If I could rewind I'd have had my girls stand with me instead (and urged DH to have one more). My sister was flaketastic.
    "Wherever in the world much poverty is found, much religion is found also"

DS and DIL had 5 each. DD1 and DD2 were bridesmaids.

In our wedding, I had a best man and DW had one of her sisters.

We each had three.

We each had 3. I had my sister, my best friend, and a family friend who I babysat for growing up. My husband had his best friend, and two other friends from the Air Force.His brother was invited, but was not part of the ceremony in any way.
    The family friend's son and my cousin were candle lighters, another of my cousins was the ring bearer, and two little girls my grandmother babysat were my flower girls.

Does anyone else think 22 (10 bridesmaids, 10 groomsmen, 2 ushers) seems... like a lot? I can't imagine trying to coordinate/dress all those people!

It's more than I would want and would probably raise an eyebrow if I went to a wedding and the party was that big but I don't think it's outrageous. It's their wedding and whatever floats their boat, ya know. We all have different ideas on what the perfect wedding should be.

Quote Originally Posted by GiftOfFlavor View Post
    Does anyone else think 22 (10 bridesmaids, 10 groomsmen, 2 ushers) seems... like a lot? I can't imagine trying to coordinate/dress all those people!
    Unless maybe the person has a Duggar-sized family, it is a lot. A lot. And to me, it smacks of attention whore, bridezilla type behavior--trying to make it as big a production as possible.

I had nine. I'm so ashamed.