Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Parties

I had my three sisters and two close friends. I could have just had my sisters and had my friends do readings, but I have a big family and there weren't enough jobs for everyone. If I were ever to get remarried I would just elope though.

I'll be having 4. My sister, 2 close friends, and then my SIL (who I do actually like a lot) .

Quote Originally Posted by Kimm View Post
    I just do not understand this sort of thing at all. I do NOT have ten very close girlfriends. And there was no way in hell I was asking anyone out of any sort of obligation. That means no siblings on either side. At any point in my life, at the very most, I could have had 3.
    We struggled a bit because for some reason it never occurred to us that we could be uneven, with one side having more. DH would have been okay with 1 (brother). I could have done 2 (sister and bestie), but if DH added to his one then he felt there were 2 he needed to add, bringing it to 3, and but to add from 2, I felt I needed to add 2 more who were equally close. And it went that way until we both settled on 5. In retrospect, we should have been uneven and one of the people I asked was sort of filler (super nice person, just not especially close, but she was the girlfriend of one of DH's guys and they were traveling out for the wedding and it allowed us to get to matching numbers), but it worked fine.

I think the older you get, the fewer you have.

Dh and I each had one person stand up for us.

My cousin's wedding had 8 or 9 on each side.

My best friend that got married last summer (her 3rd wedding, BTW) had 6 on each side (that includes the flower girl and ring bearer).

Oooooohhh!!! Thanks for reminding me, Peachy!! SIL's 4th wedding is in July. I wonder how many she will have!

I do not think I would go to anyone's 3rd or 4th wedding. No way.

I had my sister and my two closest cousins. Dh had his 3 best friends and we had 2 ushers (the cousins's husbands). My brother in law and dh's uncle did readings.

I think the big southern weddings have a lot more attendants than weddings around here do. I would say five is about average.

No groundhogs; just prairie dogs RobinAnn's Avatar
    For my first wedding we had three on each side. Second wedding, none. I think​ my SIL and BIL signed as our witnesses. We only had 8 guests and they were all family.
    Robin

We had 2 each. My son and future dil will have 5 each.

When I got married I had six, but a couple of those I had to drum up because my dh had college buddies he couldn't do without. I get that it's hard to pair it down and risk hurting friend's feelings though, one of my winery co-workers is going through this right now with her upcoming wedding.