Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Nagging spouses

I pester a friend of mine. But only because she is horrible with her phone and if we have plans or are trying to set something up, I have to hound her. She's like Mamapalooza's dh...she'll answer stuff days late...if at all. If I really need her I text, email, and FB message.

What is being described in the OP would drive me insane and if turn off my phone.

DH travels many weekend with our 15 year old son. We generally text good morning and talk at night. Sometimes we will talk during the day when they're away, depending on whether DH is bored waiting for DS to finish his competition.

If I'm out with friends, he would not call or text me unless there was a serious situation or an urgent question. Same if the situation were reversed. He comes home for lunch every day and occasionally he will call mid-morning, which mildly annoys me. I'm busy working and don't want the interruption if it's not anything important.

If I am going out, I let him know that I've made it to my destination and I usually send him a text before I head home, too. He does the same, although he doesn't go out much, when he does it's usually with one of his kids.

We have the occasional text conversation during the day over funny stuff, too, but that's not daily, just occasional.

I think this kind of nagging would be intolerable.

If you bring the monkey, I'm leaving puppylove's Avatar
    On my 33 acres in Virginia! (Thank you Sars for the reminder) ;)
    IMO this is almost stalking, not nagging.
    -Donna- People first. Dogs second. Things last.

http://countdowntoasimplerlife.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by puppylove View Post
    IMO this is almost stalking, not nagging.
    I agree. DH and I talk A LOT via text during the day usually. But, it's usually just funny links, general chatting about our days, etc. He often goes to different hospitals during the day and the end of his day is not predictable (and can change by the minute sometimes) so we check in about that a lot so I can plan evening activities and dinner. However, if we're busy, we don't talk and neither of us freak out or anything.