Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nagging spouses

Maybe your SiL would be happy being a Parole Officer or something.
    "Life is about dreams. Teaching is about making them come true."

I don't like the word "nagging" here... nagging is pestering someone to do something, and it has, to me, the connotation of being a Bad Wife. (I think it's kind of sexist, and used by people who don't do what they're supposed to do, and blame the other person for reminding them.)

In this case, the wife sounds like she's somewhere on the continuum that ranges between "controlling" and "highly anxious and insecure". It sounds annoying, but maybe just sad.

Dh texts me when he's out if he gets bored. I text him if I'm making fun of something!
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    I was just scrolling through my texts with dh. 90% of what we text about is food.
    Sounds like us.

"I'm going to TJ's. Need anything?"
    "Yeah. Get me some...xxxx"
    "Too late. I'm done."

The only time she wants immediate attention is if the Internet at home is having issues.

[ETA]

Forgot. She likes to send me dirty pictures. (Meaning the latest mess DD2 left in the sink or her bedroom.)

Quote Originally Posted by TapToTalk View Post
    Sounds like us.

"Too late. I'm done."
    I have a lot of those sorts of exchanges on mine, too.

Quote Originally Posted by RealCranky View Post
    I don't like the word "nagging" here... nagging is pestering someone to do something, and it has, to me, the connotation of being a Bad Wife. (I think it's kind of sexist, and used by people who don't do what they're supposed to do, and blame the other person for reminding them.)

In this case, the wife sounds like she's somewhere on the continuum that ranges between "controlling" and "highly anxious and insecure". It sounds annoying, but maybe just sad.

Dh texts me when he's out if he gets bored. I text him if I'm making fun of something!
    I didn't think nagging was quite the word I was looking for when I posted the thread, but I couldn't come up with a better alternative at the time. In this case, controlling, highly anxious and insecure would all fit.

Heh! This is me and my DH!

I'm just here for the lulz. Sarsparilla's Avatar
    I'm still thinking about those of you who have husbands with friends who are not couple friends. . .
    Welcome to Fluffytown. No smoking, no farting, no pillow fights.

The term may have originally been aimed at women, but is fully applicable to my Dh on occasion..

He doesn't do it via text while I'm out with other people though, yuck. I don't get nagged unless I'm home. Which makes it a wonder I don't go out more often..

My Happily Ever After. <3 lilone's Avatar
    We text constantly most of the time. But things are different with us because we have 2 young kids still. The only time I get cranky and naggy is when he's up at his buddy's card store for hours when he tells me he'll be back in a couple and I have two girls getting cranky towards supper or the end of the day.
    Or, say, the day before Easter when I have a baby not wanting to be put down and baking still to do and cleaning and he's gone up there.
    ~Vicki~

Moving right along....

I may or may not call my husband a nag from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by TapToTalk View Post
    Sounds like us.

"Too late. I'm done."

The only time she wants immediate attention is if the Internet at home is having issues.

[ETA]

Forgot. She likes to send me dirty pictures. (Meaning the latest mess DD2 left in the sink or her bedroom.)
    Geez, at least you get a response before you make it home. DH is terrible about checking messages, voicemail, etc. It's not unusual for him to text a response to someone...from the day before.
    "Wherever in the world much poverty is found, much religion is found also"