Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nagging spouses

boring prudish virtue signaler stellarfeller's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    DH and I are very similar to you and your DH in this way, Peachy. We may send a text to let one another know where we are or what the plans are, but other than that, I don't feel the need to smother or mother him. I would be really annoyed if I was out and he kept calling me with petty crap or to tell me I needed to come home.
    Mornings are for coffee and contemplation
    -
    Chief Hopper, Stranger Things

Peachy you are my wife twin.

I love my time alone. There is nwih I would call dh unless it was something that absolutely could not wait. We will text each other to say we arrived safely and call nightly or every other night if we're away. But that's it. I also hate being nagged and if he ever called me constantly when I was out I would be pissed. We spend a lot of time together and I love that. But damn we're adults and have our own friends...I don't need or want to call him or be called ad nauseum.

ETA- Even when I was dating, any guy who called me more than once a day was cut loose. And that was well before cell phones.

There are very few things I nag DH about.
    Like once a year about getting the taxes done. Lol
    Otherwise , DH and I spend a lot of time apart with him doing his things and me doing mine.
    We might touch base, and we might not.
    But mostly it's understood that we will catch up when the other of us returns.

Unless he has a history of going off the rails when he drinks, I don't understand being so paranoid and insecure about him going out for a drink with his brother. She sounds very controlling. I'm like you, I like my time alone, no doubt because I've had a lot of it with DH's job, so I had to learn to like it or I'd have been very miserable with my own company.

If he's out for an extended period of time or overnight he'll call or text that he's arrived, is heading home, whatever. He's a yapper so sometimes at work he'll have called and/or texted a handful of times throughout the day. Omg, stop!
    "Wherever in the world much poverty is found, much religion is found also"

Quote Originally Posted by Sarsparilla View Post
    Phone calls would be out of character for us in general. But we are connected digitally constantly. On work days by about 10 am, one of us has sent the other an email and we talk back and forth with each other all day long. Sometimes the string is 50 emails long with jokes and plans and ridiculous nonsense. We often post on the same threads on FB, talking to mutual friends together. If I spend time with friends, I text him when I arrive, keep him posted on my movements and he checks in with me just as often. He has no friends that he sees without me. When I spend the night with my mother, we're constantly texting or FB messaging. He sends a picture of the dog being cute, I tell him how my mother is driving me crazy. We're always together.
    While this is more contact than I'm comfortable with with any one person, at least you're joking around and being cute. SIL is just being a nag.

If you bring the monkey, I'm leaving puppylove's Avatar
    On my 33 acres in Virginia! (Thank you Sars for the reminder) ;)
    Dh always texts me when he's on the plane, off the plane, on location, etc. It helps me to sleep better LOL And we text/call quite a bit during the day (he is in his truck about 3-4 hours a day and gets bored). But - it's just fun and not nagging. If there is something really important (and not just chit chat), we each text the other "can you talk?" and give the other the opportunity to get somewhere private.
    -Donna- People first. Dogs second. Things last.

http://countdowntoasimplerlife.blogspot.com

Looking for the sunshine
    We text and chat throughout the day but we each value our time with just our friends. We text with the important details - arrived, location change, departures or with a funny story or something but no more than that. A few weeks ago he was out with some friends and I did call to let him know that I won final Jeopardy but he was as excited as I was. I think this all comes down to knowing your audience and their needs.

I constantly call & text DH. I am demanding and require his attention at all times.

Nah. I do have him on Find My Friends, though... That has freaked a few people out. We have no secrets, so it is interesting to me when people think it's weird we track each other. Sometimes I like to know how long I have til he gets home (like if we have time to watch Netflix or not)

The only time I text him with any expectation of a return message his if he's not where he's said he'd be at a certain time. I may send a message or two during the day, or if we are apart, but unless I have something for which I truly need an answer, it's generally nto something for which I expect an immediate response. "I heard from X, and then want to have lunch with us when we are in town." I sent that because I knew he might talk to X's husband, and because I might forget if I waited to tell him.

I was just scrolling through my texts with dh. 90% of what we text about is food.