Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon warns Kindle users: Update by March 22 or else

Amazon warns Kindle users: Update by March 22 or else

This is pretty much your final warning: If you have a Kindle, you need to update it before March 22 or it's going to lose Internet connectivity.

That, just to be clear, would be very bad, because without the update you'll no longer be able to access the Kindle Store or sync your device with the cloud, not to mention any other Kindle services you might be using. According to Amazon, the update is required to ensure the Kindle remains compliant with continuously evolving industry web standards.
    http://www.cnet.com/news/amazon-kindle-update-march-22/

Wow. This is the first time I'm hearing this. I'm going to update right now. Thanks!

ETA: Mine says there is no update available, so I guess I'm okay. I have no idea what gen it is.

Ahhhh! I can't find mine!

I just read that if you miss the update, you can upgrade manually. If you want an automatic over the air update, you have until 3/22.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200529680

There are no Kindle Fires on the list.

Feminist since age three! Marian Paroo's Avatar
    I received the warning last month and didn't understand it very well. Went to online chat, and a wonderful staffer walked me through it.

I love their online service!

I just checked and mine is a 6th generation Paperwhite, so it doesn't need the update. I still need to find it though, because we are going on vacation next week!

Ok so if you don't do it today, you can still do it, it'll just be in a different way? Because I can't find mine ANYWHERE!
    Where to find me
    My Etsy Shop

I think I only had to update two of mine. Lol one doesn't work half the time. They need to have a better way as to figuring out what generation they are.
    I do believe my paper white and my fire are okay. I updated both Kindle keyboards. On one of them I got a message on the Kindle saying it updated but not the other one. It has the same numbers on the bottom of the screen though so I am calling it good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabel View Post
    Ok so if you don't do it today, you can still do it, it'll just be in a different way? Because I can't find mine ANYWHERE!
    Yes, you'll need to hook it up to your computer with a USB cable and install it from your computer from a file you download from the Amazon link above.

I'm assuming since the "Update your Kindle" is grayed out and can't be clicked on then both my Paperwhite and Touch are updated.