Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ghomeshi Trial

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Goat View Post
    I think I'm the only person who never listened to Q lol
    No you're not.

I don't listen to CBC much and I hadn't heard of him before the allegations.
    I can't think of anything witty to say for my signature line.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Goat View Post
    I think I'm the only person who never listened to Q lol
    Nope. I'd never heard of him or Q before all this came about. I don't listen to CBC radio though.
    "Wherever in the world much poverty is found, much religion is found also"

Oh I'd heard of him. I've been listening to Moxy Fruvous for years - andI knew that Gian was a CBC guy but it was actually only a few years ago that I realized he was in MF . I think it was SF that made that connection for me. They're one of those bands that I like and listen to but don't really know anything about - like their names . I'm just not a big radio listener. And if I do it's not CBC. I think the only time I listened to CBC radio was when I had to work during the last winter olympics and wanted to hear hockey

I'm a CBC listener from way back. Probably the only 22 year old who listened to Peter Gzowski everyday at work

nolite te bastardes carborundorum stellarfeller's Avatar
    I listened to Gzowski quite a bit back in the day, and read all of his books. I don't listen to radio much at home, but I do when I'm in the car, and almost wherever you go, you can get a CBC station.
    Mornings are for coffee and contemplation
    -
    Chief Hopper, Stranger Things

When I lived up the coast in my 20s I had to listen to CBC because their shortwave signal was one of the few things we could pick up -- the only thing Canadian and one of the only that was in English. Some of it was interesting, but I found some of it so pretentious, and I am not a fan of jazz which a lot of their music was. I got my fill of it.
    "Wherever in the world much poverty is found, much religion is found also"

I'm enjoying the interesting perspective relayed by all you fellow (past and present) CBC listeners here.

I, too, was a daily listener of Morningside (Host Peter Gzowski). Tuned into the program for years. Thirty years ago, CBC Radio was more diverse and had so many more interesting and engaging programs to tune into. I'm thinking of RSVP (Host Leon Cole), was one of my regular evening programs I tuned into, and come weekends, The Transcontinental (Host Otto Lowy) was one I never missed, and who could forget Finkleman's 45s (Host Danny Finkleman).

Gosh, I could come up with so many more. I still faithfully listen to the likes of Hot Air (Host Margaret Gallagher), Saturday Night Blues (Host Holger Petersen), Vinyl Tap (Host Randy Bachman), North By Northwest (Host Sheryl MacKay), and The Sunday Edition (Host Michael Enright).

nolite te bastardes carborundorum stellarfeller's Avatar
    How about Brave New Waves! And that afternoon program hosted by Juergen Goth (spelling?). Those go back some years.
    Mornings are for coffee and contemplation
    -
    Chief Hopper, Stranger Things

Oh... LOVED Brave New Waves!!!

Yes, Disc Drive (Host Jurgen Gothe). He hosted the program for 23 years (1985 to 2008).

Also love, Ideas (Host Paul Kennedy) and Quirks & Quarks (Host Bob McDonald).

Stellarfeller. Do you remember, That Time of the Night (Host Marjorie Doyle)? How about The Vinyl Cafe (Host Stuart McLean)? So, so many I remember.

Brave New Waves was the best! Brent Bambury is still on various shows and his voice always brings me back.

I still like and listen to The Next Chapter with Shelagh Rogers, Quirk and Quarks with Bob McDonald, The Debaters (had me laughing out loud last week), and I love Under the Influence.