Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Reading? 2016

While on a short business trip I picked up one of the Odd Thomas books. It had been years since I read one. I saw that the final book was out so I started reading the next to last one and will move on to the final one next. Not great literature but I enjoy them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The definition of insanity in Texas is so insane that it's impossible to be insane in Texas. ~Malcolm McDowell

Full Sponsor
    I'm working on The 5th Wave.

nolite te bastardes carborundorum stellarfeller's Avatar
    I just finished Our Kids: The American Dream in Crisis. It's an interesting examination of class disparity and inequality.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/1476769..._1452382249240
    Mornings are for coffee and contemplation
    -
    Chief Hopper, Stranger Things

I am reading Ravensbruck: Life and Death in Hitler's Concentration Camp for Women by Sarah Helm.

I just finished Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll. A really good read but a troubling topic.

I am now on to The Night Circus which my book club is reading this month.

Quote Originally Posted by faerymajick View Post
    I'm working on The 5th Wave.
    I read that one and liked it okay, but I never got around to the 2nd one and now too much time has passed . But I saw a movie poster - I think it will make a pretty entertaining movie

Full Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Goat View Post
    I read that one and liked it okay, but I never got around to the 2nd one and now too much time has passed . But I saw a movie poster - I think it will make a pretty entertaining movie
    I often read the first book in a series and save the next for later. Sometimes it takes me a long while to get back to it. And yeah, it probably will make an entertaining movie.

Quote Originally Posted by niccikatie View Post
    So excites that I will actually get to participate in this thread now!

I'm currently reading The Great Leader and the Fighter Pilot: The True Story of the Tyrant Who Created North Korea and The Young Lieutenant Who Stole His Way to Freedom by Blaine Harden. I'm into North Korea right now. It's a good read!
    Done with this. It was really good. It had a good amount of the history of the Korean War from the North Korean perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebraday View Post
    I just finished Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll. A really good read but a troubling topic.
    I went and looked at this on Amazon. The review said a cross of Gillian Flynn and Curtis Sittenfeld's Prep which is one of my favorite books. Downloaded and started - thanks for the idea :)

I started the Ian Rutledge series but the second book turned me off. I'm currently reading The Last Anniversary by Liane Moriarty and it's quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by niccikatie View Post
    Done with this. It was really good. It had a good amount of the history of the Korean War from the North Korean perspective.

I went and looked at this on Amazon. The review said a cross of Gillian Flynn and Curtis Sittenfeld's Prep which is one of my favorite books. Downloaded and started - thanks for the idea :)
    When I was checking it out it said it was a cross between Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train, which I had just finished reading so it piqued my interest. Now I might need to check out Prep...